Vitus Blitz 1

MonkFunk
MonkFunk Posts: 91
edited September 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Just thought I'd post some pics of my first full suss bike, the Vitus Blitz 1. Managed to pick this up for the bargain price of £850 from CRC as it had "cosmetic damage". This turned out to be one small paint chip on the underside of the downtube. Crazy bargain at that price I think!

Spec can be found here: http://www.vitusbikes.com/mountain-2012/blitz-1-2012

Only changes I've made so far are to switch the saddle over to my Charge Spoon, change the grips to Lizard Skins Charger and fit it with some new Grey Wellgo MG-1 pedals. Only managed to get out for a quick spin on it so far but first impressions are great. Looking forward to a proper ride on it this weekend :D

003.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

Comments

• That looks really nice! What's the weight?
  • It looks better in person too IMO. The paint is a nice matt finish which photo's don't quite do justice to. Weight is supposedly 12.3kg without pedals.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    so with the end of year sale and a chip in the paint you basically got it for half price, lucky bugger :lol:, a great looking bike with a really good spec too, very nice :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • ben11
    ben11 Posts: 103
    Wow looks awesome! so much bike for £850, well done.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Reba's on an HT at that price would be good, on an FS - bargain! Although noting the current sales price is £1070.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Reba's on an HT at that price would be good, on an FS - bargain! Although noting the current sales price is £1070.

I started looking at the bike when I noticed it had been reduced to £1070 but it was still out of my price range. They then had a cosmetic damaged one at £950 and I was getting twitchy but it was still just a bit expensive for me. Once it was reduced again I couldn't resist any longer! As you all have said, so much bike for the money. Can't wait to get out on it tomorrow! :D
  • I would've had that if I'd been quick enough :wink: . Nice bike fella, enjoy!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Reba's on an HT at that price would be good, on an FS - bargain! Although noting the current sales price is £1070.
    you'd be lucky to get reba's on a HT for £1070 from some of the big names, normally a recon variant for that
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • First proper ride today around a wet and boggy Bedgebury. Really enjoyed it although I didn't feel very fit after 4 weeks out with a hamstring strain (football injury) and the sloppy mud didn't help!

The bike is lovely to ride. Really smooth and responsive. Love the X9 drivetrain! Much crisper, lighter shifting than the X7 on my hardtail. Also preferred the gearing of the 2 x 10 setup.

Few things I will need to get used to. Couldn't quite find the best body position for climbing. I was struggling to keep enough weight forward so the front tyre was often on the edge of lifting and so I was losing grip and control on the climbs. The geometry is very different to what I'm used to with a much slacker head angle so it may just take some time for me to work out how best to position myself. It felt like potentially a quick climber though with loads of rear tyre grip and no really noticable pedal bob even in a very low shock threshold setting. The brakes need bedding in so that was a bit hit and miss in the mud which meant a few sketchy corners. :lol: It was loads of fun on the downs though! Felt much more surefooted and confidence insipiring than my hardtail.

Here are a couple more pics as a MTB should be...........muddy

001-1.jpg

005-1.jpg
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    chez_m356 wrote:
    you'd be lucky to get reba's on a HT for £1070 from some of the big names, normally a recon variant for that
    KHS Alite 200, Reba's, RRP £850......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.