Garmin 800 - changing bikes

drlodge
drlodge Posts: 4,826
edited September 2012 in Road general
I'm getting a 2nd bike and know that I can setup my Garmin 800 for a second bike. However do I have to manually tell it whch bike I'm using each ride, or will it auto detect due to the GSC-10 sensor that is different on each bike?
WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
Find me on Strava

Comments

• You have to tell it which bike
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Thanks - easiest way to do that is press power button to bring up the menu?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • It's always worth switching it on a couple of minutes before your ride so it can pick up the signals (though it is pretty quick) then tap menu, then the little spanner in the bottom right hand corner, then bike settings, then bike profiles, choose the bike, then back arrow out to the main display. Sounds worse than it is, is really quick. Forgot to do it the first few times so logged the wrong miles for the bikes, but you can adjust that afterwards. I swap quite a lot between winter and summer bike (bloody weather!) so never forget now.
  • Escher303 wrote:
    It's always worth switching it on a couple of minutes before your ride so it can pick up the signals (though it is pretty quick) then tap menu, then the little spanner in the bottom right hand corner, then bike settings, then bike profiles, choose the bike, then back arrow out to the main display. Sounds worse than it is, is really quick. Forgot to do it the first few times so logged the wrong miles for the bikes, but you can adjust that afterwards. I swap quite a lot between winter and summer bike (bloody weather!) so never forget now.

Thats a really long way of doing it!

Drlodge- Yep- Pressing the power button (but not holding it down) is the fastest way and you can change bikes with 1 click.