Best flat pedal / shoe combo's

CommyAdam
CommyAdam Posts: 70
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
I have had a look through the forum and haven't seen this asked before, but if it exists i'm happy to be schooled if its a well trodden path...

What do people think is the grippiest flat pedal and shoe combo, where good value for money is also a consideration? Am i right to assume there aren't many/any collaborations between shoe and pedal manufacturers?

I'm currently using Nukeproof Electrons (abs moulded plastic with a rough finish and pretty big pins, cant feel much difference compared to metal pin pedals) and wearing a pair of duffs skate shoes.

When riding my Commencal meta sx round a particularly wet course at the weekend (a particularly wet weekend) I found my feet slipping off all the time, I think my problem lies mostly with the shoes as my pins have eaten the soles after about 3 months regular use. I tend to do XC loops on it after work to keep fit, but then spend weekends away riding red and black trails more suited to a bike of its type so...lee quarry, stainburn, gisburn, cannock etc...

I think, for now, the top of the range FiveTen's are out of my price range but i am looking to buy new flat pin pedals and new shoes for perhaps around the same price...say £100?

Apologies for the convoluted question....

Comments