New Winter Bike - Genesis Equilibrium 2013

nathancom
nathancom Posts: 1,567
edited October 2012 in Your road bikes
I have given away my old steel Miyata so needed a new winter bike and have bought a new orange Genesis Equilibrium frame. I should have all the parts ready by the end of this week to complete the build, will be using a Veloce groupset put together from fleabay. Can't wait to get it built up and on the road.

Sorry for the terrible photograph...

ecead64d013d7d10f968e6ee2b3e557a.jpg

Here's what I have put on it so far:

Handlebar & Stem: Ritchey Comp
Headset: Cane Creek 40
Fork: Carbon/Alloy steerer Cannondale with mudguard eyelets
Seatpost: USE Alien Carbon
Saddle: Charge Spoon Ti
Cages: Blackburn Slicks

I have finally finished the build after Parcelforce managed to give some of my parts to someone else. I am really happy with the result though and think the bike looks great:

80f2b5aedc55191731d52d1562a2ea40.jpg

6a78c0cc011f23112177c8c2a7e5670b.jpg

7aa366f32d484d802f180a3284eef319.jpg

8ecdbf6db03c1a8816f65c288696e3d8.jpg

All left to add now are a set of mudguards. It is a Veloce groupset and a set of 32h handbuilts so should do very well for the winter.

Comments

• A guy I used to commute with oin my old job built one of these up. Looked really nice so I'm looking forward to seeing yours.
  • Are you planning on running with it thrown over a shoulder?
  • nathancom
    Are you planning on running with it thrown over a shoulder?
    I try never to run if i can help it...
  • You'll need some pedals & wheels then ;)
  • more pics!
    Any idea how much the total build will cost?
  • nathancom
    You'll need some pedals & wheels then ;)
    No wonder the Edinburgh festival lacked that extra spark of wit this year. You weren't in town...

Mark__gti wrote:
    more pics!
    Any idea how much the total build will cost?

Not totted up all the parts and taking the wheels off another bike but should be around £600-£700 all in.
  • nathancom
    Finally got all the parts yesterday for the build and now complete.
  • You've done a great job there, enjoy!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Beautiful - really like that colour. Fantastic to ride too. Enjoy!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • What is the frame weight on this?
  • nathancom
    What is the frame weight on this?
    I didn't weigh it and can't find any info but it seems reasonable for a steel frame so would have thought somewhere around 1.6kg?

It is a very stable smooth and enjoyable ride and the colour seems like an improvement on the red of last year. It definitely seems good value for a 725 Reynolds tubeset.
  • I love this. Looks like a classic machine but you know it's all modern. Nice work!
  • Mark__gti
    Mark__gti Posts: 177
    final build look great!
    what size frame have you got? and how tall are you if you dont mind me asking
  • nathancom
    Mark__gti wrote:
    final build look great!
    what size frame have you got? and how tall are you if you dont mind me asking
    it's a 56cm frame, I am 5'10 but only 31" inside leg so find a compact frame much better.