661 rage knee pads please help!!

kylieboi
kylieboi Posts: 11
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
after a short browse in evans cycles today i saw the 661 knee pads that i would like to purchase.... having no price tag on them i went to the counter which when i asked the guy said £44.99 each and looked at me funny.. after my reply was "for one pad? i have 2 knees mate" there was only one pad, are these pads at correct price for one unit or should they come as a pair as i have found them online a hell of a lot cheaper but dosnt state if it is a pair. any help is appreciated

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pads come in pairs.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Sorry, had to have a chuckle at this one :lol:

They DEFINATELY should come as a pair, sounds like that shop is due a visit from OFT.
  • i thought they would but i dunno if the guy was just at it i felt evans was over expensive for stuff but 44 quid for one knee pad i was like wtf! so do you think at 36.99 free delivery they are a better price as i said online it dosnt state if its a pair therefore i am hesitant to order just incase lol
  • Link if you want us to double check for you. But im 99% certain all knee pads come as a pair. If not i've had some pretty good deals in the past ;)
  • http://www.amazon.co.uk/Strait-Guards-m ... 879&sr=1-1 these are the pads i am looking at but also not sure what size i am 6ft 1 but have butchers pencils for legs lol i pressume a large may be ok lol
  • They come as a pair. Would love to meet this shop assisstant.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Says under Features - PAIR (left + right)

So I think you're safe.
    No idea about sizes though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lol im pretty new to mtb thats why i was wtf at the prices in evans, i am not a tight person but you really need to be sponsored or a lottery winner to shop in it and of course will be the last time i'm in it if they can't offer decent customer service imho
  • 661 pads normally come in a mesh bag thing with a big label on them which you would then expect the price to be attached to. If they werent in the bag then someone is taking the pee if you ask me. We stock 661's in our in resort store and all knee and elbow pads were pairs, packaged as above.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.