Ultrafire torch for helmet

coblck
coblck Posts: 217
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi there does anyone use these torches like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UltraFire-160 ... 112wt_1332

or something similar for a headlight on there helmet. Going to use it with my great magicshine mj-872 headlight on my bars.
Giant tcr pro ultegra
Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
Voodoo Marasa 2011

Comments

• just ordered one of these for my helmet:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire- ... 38?item=42
  • got the sk100162 from dx among others its fantastic , think your choices will be to big
  • coblck
    Never used this dx website are they any good and how quick is delivery from the USA
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • coblck wrote:
    Never used this dx website are they any good and how quick is delivery from the USA

I ordered 2 MJ-872's on there on the 8th of this month...

Still hadn't been shipped today.. So I cancelled my order and ordered from www.bikelightsuk.com today.. they will be here tomorrow..
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • coblck
    Yeah bought mine from bikelights uk great service you'll love the lights as well i just have one but going to get smaller light for helmet
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    just ordered one of these for my helmet:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire- ... 38?item=42
    These are excellent... I have 3 of them, one of which is on my lid.
    It's worth bookmarking DIYs guide - and his 'how to fix' youtube video, as I have found (a) I periodically have to tighten the inside of the end cap to avoid the light cutting out when subjected to rough riding, and (b) that the 'tinfoil' heatsink seems to improve reliability.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • coblck
    Cheers great link
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • bit off topic. but Cobic, how would you rate the MJ-872? ( if you don't mind me asking... )

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • coblck
    Yeah your right mate dont loads about lights on here but only had my 872 a week but every bit as good if not better than my mates hope r4, there is more than enough light for fast trail riding and i love the digital readout on the battery, can really comment on recharge times and run times or water proofing as not had ling enough. hope this helps.
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • Good alternative to Dealextreme is Lightmalls.
    Got a few torches last year (bar mounts and helmet mounted via elastic and velcro), used both shops and both were good.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    coblck wrote:
    They don't come from the USA - China!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • coblck wrote:
    They don't come from the USA - China!

just a slight correction... they now had US and EU warehouses...

but they must be the size of my garden shed because they hardly have anything in stock...

Then again..

the china warehouse hardly has anything is stock... lol

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • coblck
    I know the torches come from China what doesn't these days. was meaning the dealextreme website was it an American site. anyway order torch of ebay so will post as soon as arrived and tested
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011