Tour 2013 Route

2»

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Daz555 wrote:
    The more Wiggo friendly the better - will wind up the Froome v Wiggo nonsense to an even greater frenzy! :mrgreen:

Dunno. Out of the Giro with chest infection, saddle sore/abscess and knee problems, I wonder just how fit and on form Wiggins can realistically be in just 4 weeks time.
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    hardly any uphill finishes from what I can see.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • JohnnyAllez
    JohnnyAllez Posts: 785
    Markwb79 wrote:
    hardly any uphill finishes from what I can see.

4 this year, 3 last year. Nice little table on Uphill.tv showing the various stats comparing previous years to this years stages.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    Daz555 wrote:
    The more Wiggo friendly the better - will wind up the Froome v Wiggo nonsense to an even greater frenzy! :mrgreen:

Dunno. Out of the Giro with chest infection, saddle sore/abscess and knee problems, I wonder just how fit and on form Wiggins can realistically be in just 4 weeks time.

You can try to talk down his chances to take the edge off any expectations all you want, RR - a totally understandable tactic - what with him, JTL and the classics squad having a ho-hum season so far - BUT right now Wiggins will be getting a bloody good talking to from all manner of Wallace and Grommets when he takes the kids to school and pops into the newsagents for an Eccles cake, revving his resolve to a crescendo...

Beware the ego of the shy man (same for Fenton, of course).
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    For all the hype, another Wiggins friendly course, too.
    Maybe in terms of the 'easier' climbs thoroughout, but the second ITT isn't necessarily Wiggins-friendly; I’ve heard it said that it’ll be the hardest/hilliest ITT in the TdF for decades.