Tour Ride - Stoke On Trent - Video

Lawman1965
Lawman1965 Posts: 35
edited October 2012 in Road general
Folks,

For anyone interested I've produced a short (10 min) video of the start of the Tour Ride 2012 (Stoke). It's on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxj-GhCl8bU

I'll be doing another which will go from Alton to Gunn Hill.

Rich

Comments

• Excellent Rich. Being a born in Stone and living in Rugeley I recognised all the roads. Was hoping you'd videoed from Brocton, over Cannock Chase to Blithfield Res. Super job.
    I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
    Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
    Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
    Trek Madone - Carbon
  • Great video Lawman the first half of the ride went really quick till the roads went up.Can't wait to see part2.
  • Great stuff - really enjoyed that - like the camera front and behind - super stuff.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Worst trangression I saw was white leg warmers...
    jaysus
    we have a pair at club night going round... free bike.. wear' em...
    as they say
    no deal
  • colsoop
    colsoop Posts: 217
    Thanks for sharing. Those go pro cameras shoot nice footage.
  • JGSI wrote:
    Worst trangression I saw was white leg warmers...
    jaysus
    we have a pair at club night going round... free bike.. wear' em...
    as they say
    no deal

So much "gappage" on arm warmers too.....
  • excellent is there more to come.
  • Good vids. Star Bank is my favourite climb round here.

BTW, it's Oakamoor.

Rob
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Guy on the white Specialized looks to have his saddle set a bit too high.
  • Uploading Part 3 now - from Ramshorn to Warslow. I needed more batteries so the last parts aren't complete. Part 4 will be from near Morridge to Rudyard and then the last few miles to Trentham (in that rain!).
  • Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    edited October 2012
    Lawman1965 wrote:

Some of those descents were brilliant, particularly the one when you go past the millstone.

Pretty disappointed your Mrs didn't set up a feed station for the rest of us though!

Edit: I also managed to get in the last one at 12:17!
  • Part 4 - Warslow to Trentham. Sorry, but my camera battery was low so I cut a big section out, you'll see the road upto Rugyard and then I had to stop recording and you then get the run in to Trentham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IvZW2lemm8&feature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoyed the series. I hope to do more of this next year. I'm aiming for a third camera that I can mount either helmet or elsewhere for some better angles.

Rich
  • Excellent stuff - really enjoyed them - I recognised some of the route from last year - but luckily not the rain. well played.