Any MTBing in Leicester?

oxocube1
oxocube1 Posts: 651
edited September 2012 in Routes
I've just moved from South Wales up to Leicester with the missus and have gone from the likes of Cwmcarn and FOD being on my doorstep to miles of flat land full of fields.

Obviously Cannock Chase and Sherwood pines are an hour or so drive but i just wanted something a lot closer to home.

I have been out a few times and have explored the area just south of the city where we live but have found nothing to ride. Does anyone who lives up here know any good places to ride? Be it XC, DJ, Trails, anything! I have read about and seen a few videos about 'Western Park' which appears to be a DJ area which i will try out at some point but there has to be more.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments

• Hi mate, just read your post and I can't endorse these routes personally having not ridden any yet (injury, don't ask!) but I've just got my old P7 up and running and signed up to retrobike for lots of advice. They have a section on routes in the East Mids on there (see link below) and there's a load of maps/routes with a lot of them in the Loughborough/Coalville/Ashby area, although some are further out.

Thats probably your best bet being in Leicester, short of heading out to Rutland, the best scenery is all over this way anyway (I'm from North Yorkshire originally so Leics is quite flat to me as well, but I feel kind of at home in the North West Leics/Charnwood area!). They all seem friendly on there too, so would probably welcome you along on their weekly Tuesday night or weekend rides.

Have a look, you might find something in there hopefully!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144882

Cheers,

Al
    "I should live in salt for leaving you, behind"

Ghost HTX Actinum 29er
  • Awesome thanks a lot fella!

At least there is something fairly nearby then, i was beginning to worry! I'll have a look over that forum see what looks good. Yea flat is not the word, I rode up a small hill next to a quarry the other day and couldn't see anything that was higher in any direction on the horizon. Definitely not what i am used to but I will persevere and find some trails or build some if I have to!

Thanks again.
  • No worries mate, hope you find a few that suit!!
    "I should live in salt for leaving you, behind"

Ghost HTX Actinum 29er