Finished My First Serious Build!

2»

Comments

• as I am relatively short (5ft10)
    :lol: haha you think that's short? You've clearly never met me! (5'5")

Great bike, your polishing job is very admirable. Did you polish the shifters as well, or did they come in silver?

Thanks! They came in silver, thought they suited my bike a bit better than the black ones (same for the pedals) I also made some little carbon effect plates to sit on the inner shifter to give a better finish :P

p4pb8722052.jpg
    I build it. I ride it. That's how I roll.
  • amazing metal polishing going on there!

how long did the frame take all in?
  • amazing metal polishing going on there!

how long did the frame take all in?

Thanks, Probably about a couple of weeks from start to finish. The main issue I had was getting the paint off but once I had It was using the Wet n' Dry that took most of my time as I had to use about 6 different grades to prepare it for the 'mirror finish' I was aiming for. After that it was just layering up the Autosol metal polish.

It was probably the most rewarding thing I have done to my bike :D
  • The_JML
    The_JML Posts: 132
    Yeh you got some pretty good deals on it then, and your right about big brands selling inferior parts such as cassettes, chains, tyres etc. That is what breaks first on them useless bikes. I thought I only spent just over 500 on mine that is why I thought you spent alot, but adding it all up mine comes to over £800! haha oh dear!
  • The_JML wrote:
    Yeh you got some pretty good deals on it then, and your right about big brands selling inferior parts such as cassettes, chains, tyres etc. That is what breaks first on them useless bikes. I thought I only spent just over 500 on mine that is why I thought you spent alot, but adding it all up mine comes to over £800! haha oh dear!

Haha, I guess it's easy to get carried away when your building a bike! It all adds up in the end :lol:
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Ed J wrote:
    So awesome. I love alloy but polished just looks even... awesomer. It's like the old CAADs

Never - look at those welds man :wink:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • mr_sj
    mr_sj Posts: 507
    Love it ! Frame looks amazing and love the mix of the polished chrome frame and black parts, very very cool !
  • mr_sj wrote:
    Love it ! Frame looks amazing and love the mix of the polished chrome frame and black parts, very very cool !

Thanks! Wasn't sure whether or not to go for silver components or black, but now I am definitely glad I went for the black ones :D It gives a nice contrast...
  • smidsy wrote:
    Ed J wrote:
    So awesome. I love alloy but polished just looks even... awesomer. It's like the old CAADs

Never - look at those welds man :wink:

Have to admit that CAADs do have some pretty awesome joinery work going on :lol: