Saw Boris Last night

mroli
mroli Posts: 3,622
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Just at the traffic lights near Barbican.

Riding a hybrid, black clothing (ninja!) helmet plonked on over shock of hair, had lights on and diligently stopped at lights.

Didn't realise it was him until I asked him if he was going straight on (I was turning left and didn't want to cut him up). Nice to see the mayor of London riding like any other commuter...

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    You should have:

i: punched him square in the face

ii: hanged back then overtaken him shouting scalp

iii: got an autograph for Gregs T and 66.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    mroli wrote:

Riding a hybrid, black clothing (ninja!) helmet plonked on over shock of hair, had lights on and diligently stopped at lights.

Didn't realise it was him until I asked him if he was going straight on (I was turning left and didn't want to cut him up). Nice to see the mayor of London riding like any other commuter...
    And yet he *still* filibustered that debate about the Blackfriars Bridge design....
  • notsoblue wrote:
    mroli wrote:

And yet he *still* filibustered that debate about the Blackfriars Bridge design....

To be fair LCC's people-friendly-blackfriars is rather selective in what it shows to point of wishful thinking.

ie traffic turning left on to the embankment would run the risk of left hooking any cyclist in the cycle lane, And even worse traffic from the embankment turning left and those in the cycle lane turning right?

LCC and various bloggers etc do make it hard to support by brushing past such points.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    You should have:

i: punched him square in the face

ii: hanged back then overtaken him shouting scalp

iii: got an autograph for Gregs T and 66.

Would you have done all three?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • I see him quite often on my commute, I've always made a point of calling him Ken when I've had the chance.

'Alright Ken'
  • My housemate's technically been scalped by Boris twice. Both times he was sitting at the lights to go straight on when BoJo bimbled past to turn left down a filter lane.
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    mroli wrote:

I take it the shotgun/sniper rifle/napalm/bear trap/ninja throwing star was not to hand at the time...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Karate chop to the neck and a stick through his front wheel might be other options
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Nah - he was cycling - doing a proper commute, on his tod like a normal person. I like the fact that the Mayor of London and one of the most recognisable figures in the UK can do this and isn't surrounded by security.

Don't get the haters - I have never voted for Boris and never will, but as a cyclist in London - I am more impressed that he is facing the same trials and tribulations getting to and from work that I am rather than sitting in a big car...
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    mroli wrote:
    Nah - he was cycling - doing a proper commute, on his tod like a normal person. I like the fact that the Mayor of London and one of the most recognisable figures in the UK can do this and isn't surrounded by security.

Don't get the haters - I have never voted for Boris and never will, but as a cyclist in London - I am more impressed that he is facing the same trials and tribulations getting to and from work that I am rather than sitting in a big car...

Well said!