Marco Simoncelli Foundation - Cycling Jersey

Gazspurs
Gazspurs Posts: 122
edited September 2012 in Road general
Hi Guys,

I have seen in the past that there are a few MotoGP/bike fans on here as well as cycling.

Anyone that would have watched the build up to the Misano MotoGP last Sunday may have seen Matt Roberts & the team complete a ride from Donnington to Misano in aid of the late, great Marco Simoncelli.

Due to popular demand Matt made aware via twitter that you are able to purchase (at the below link) replica cycle jerseys that they wore.

www.road2recovery.com

RIP Super Sic!

Comments

• siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    $300 for bib and jersey? maybe its hk$?
  • Yeah I think its in dollars as American site, I've ordered the jersey on the CC, had the order confirmation, fingers crossed it all arrives OK
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    It looks the business, but a bit pricey for me. Also, the memory of him sliding down the track, face down and completely motionless is still incredibly upsetting. Not sure I could deal with wearing it. So fair play Gazspurs.
  • That was a sad day, big talent. Bit expensive for me and I can afford it(work that one out)

I don't understand pricing, sell cheaper, sell more.
  • bazzer2
    bazzer2 Posts: 189
    That was a sad day, big talent. Bit expensive for me and I can afford it(work that one out)

I don't understand pricing, sell cheaper, sell more.
    Completely agree. I would pay £50 for this, not £100. I was and still am a massive fan, but I can't help feeling there's a little more than necessary moneymaking in this. Shame.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Another big MotoGP, and Simoncelli fan here. I would also have liked one of the jerseys at least, but they're just too expensive.

Shame really. If anyone does order one on here, a small review on fit, quality etc along with a couple of proper photo's would be good.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Rossi stuff used to be a rip off. Went to the British MotoGp this year and got a resonably priced Rossi top from the Official Rossi shop fairly cheap. I reckon they are learning. I did email them and tell them they ripped off fans last year, needless to say I got no reply.
  • bazzer2
    bazzer2 Posts: 189
    Rossi stuff used to be a rip off. Went to the British MotoGp this year and got a resonably priced Rossi top from the Official Rossi shop fairly cheap. I reckon they are learning. I did email them and tell them they ripped off fans last year, needless to say I got no reply.
    Did you email in Italian? :)
    I think the real reason is that he's not been winning, so he's not as popular. You just wait and see what the prices of R1s do when they release a Rossi rep next year.
  • https://twitter.com/mattrobertsbbc/statuses/250664855596568576 - From Matt Roberts twitter feed. Reason for the price is a) for charity b) limited edition.

Do agree with the view of make more and get them to a reasonable price we can all buy if wanted to. I am currently working part time so not on a motogp riders or tv personality pay but would no doubt don't get a set even if it was a stretch for me.
  • If they have made 100 and will and can never make them again, then yes, I expect high prices.

But if they can manufacture them at will, then cost should be cheaper.

If they said £30 and then a donation of £20 for charity, I would pay £50. I would feel I got a good price top and donated to a good cause. Charging £100 and no idea what goes to charity is bemusing.

Rossi will always be popular, amazing guy and nice with it. I am a Honda bike fan though so am always torn. I will always support the Brits as well, Crutchlow, Shakey, Leon Haslam etc.