My new bike

bobbaray1
bobbaray1 Posts: 4
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
Hello all first post

See below attached my new bike.

Previously a mountain bike rider I decided to take the step to road bike and picked up this bike at a vey nice price.

Components as follows:

Orion 1105b
Frame Orion 1105b
Frame weight (g) 1200
Fork Orion 1105b
Brake + Shifters Levers Shimano Ultegra 6700
Brakes Shimano Ultegra
Derailleur Front Shimano Ultegra 6700
Derailleur Rear Shimano Ultegra 6700
Cassette Shimano 105 5700 12/25
Chain KMC X10SL
Cranckset Shimano Ultegra 6750
4ZA STRATOS
Tyre Vredestein 700 x 23
Pedals Shimano 105
Saddle 4ZA Stratos
Stem 4ZA Stratos
Flatbar 4ZA Stratos
Grips 4ZA Stratos
Seatpost 4ZA Stratos
Bottle cage 4ZA Tail

Looking to keep these wheels for the winter and upgrade them in the summer. To what... at this time I really don't know. Will have a £500 =/- budget in the summer, recommendations would be great.

Many thanks

Comments

• getprg
    getprg Posts: 245
    Welcome

Nice bike - looks like you'll be all set to give it its first coat of brilliant white tonight :D
  • getprg wrote:
    Welcome

Nice bike - looks like you'll be all set to give it its first coat of brilliant white tonight :D

Ha ha,

Mist coating newly plastered walls..... should have spent all day painting with the wife on Saturday but decided to take the bike out for a spin. Took a bit of getting use to clip pedals, had a little slow motion fall at a junction (couldn't unclip in time)... looked like the proper road rookie I am.
  • getprg
    getprg Posts: 245
    should have spent all day painting with the wife on Saturday but decided to take the bike out for a spin

Now there's a man whose got his priorities right - and an understanding SWMBO. Now let us in on your powers of persuasion - how did you convince her that going out on the bike rather than decorating was a better idea?
  • It was easy, I just said I'd spent all this money on a new bike and you're not going to let me use it..... conversation ended, I won...