Saddle cover renewal service anyone ?

BG2000
BG2000 Posts: 517
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
This might sound like the dumbest question ever, but does anyone know of a company that can renew the cover on a saddle, specifically a leather one ?

My SDG saddle is definately the comfiest I've owned but the microtex cover is falling to pieces after less than a year and it's horrible on hot summer days (not at all breathable !). The rest of the saddle is top quality though, as you'd expect for £90, so I'd love a leather cover on this.

I'm almost tempted to ask a shoe manufacturer, but the main problem will be stretching the leather to form the right shape....oh well, if you don't ask you don't get etc....

Comments

• haf1zur
    haf1zur Posts: 124
    have you tried car interior retrimmers?

they use leather stretched over different shapes

would be a easy for them
  • If it's less than a year old I'd ask for a refund or replacement. Then go for a leather one, like a Charge spoon in leather.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • BG2000
    If it's less than a year old I'd ask for a refund or replacement. Then go for a leather one, like a Charge spoon in leather.

I'd never be able to prove the tears aren't due to crash damage, and it might just be a year old already. The spoon isn't quite padded enough - I'm riding a hardtail on very rocky bumpy ground so need something a bit softer. Spoons are fine with rear-suss bikes in my view.
  • BG2000
    haf1zur wrote:
    have you tried car interior retrimmers?

they use leather stretched over different shapes

would be a easy for them

I'll give some a try, see what they say etc..cheers.
  • try a coach trimmer. they do car interiors etc. also worth looking at horse saddle manufacturers.
  • Try busyman bicycles. they are Australian but you might be able to send it off.
    http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/06/a ... mick-peel/