Tuesday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited September 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well, yesterday was a day where the 5hit hit the fan. Not too much went wrong, but the couple of things that didn't work were quite important things. I couldn't stay late after work as I had my Judo lesson (which is awesome!), but I went back in after that to sort stuff out.

Then I was listening to the Beach Boys show on Radio2, when my rather inebriated Aunt rang me :roll: I finally got home at 11:30, so now I'm knackered!

More work, followed by work today.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' bags of mostly water

M**********r!
    On the day I have to bring the car into work, the weather is great. FML.

Work will be mostly testing stuff, but it means sitting in a room by myself with headphones and the music box. I've rediscovered some great albums, but needed to drop some more noise onto said box last night. So, today I can wile away the hours with more German electronica and pioneering thrash. .....and maybe a smattering of EBM, you know, for good measure.

Right, I'm sorted. I'm going for a coffee. Anyone else want one, whilst I'm there?

Onwards! To coffee! And bangin toons, init, man!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Well it’s another day of continued, and continuous, rain. Flood warnings all over the area.

Drove into work this morning and could not believe the number of commuters cycling without lights / reflective clothing. Black clothes on a black bike are not clever. If they’ve really got a death wish there are enough idiots around these parts to fulfil that for them.

Another day without cake making minion bringing any offerings. I’m going to waste away to normal size at this rate.

Tea, and only tea, ahead.

Later……
  • I have a cold and it is bullsh*t - I want it gone. NOW.

Morning off due to power outage on the mountain, going in for midday. Plan to finish cleaning and rebuilding my DH bike in the morning. Dinner and drinks at a mates in the evening.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,547
    Morning Pond Life,

Going out for a ride on the roadie later this morning as the local trails are mush just now. Spot of work at home this afternoon then it's time to help junior with her 11+ stuff - last exam on Friday then we can relax for a bit. But first it's coffee time...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • meh, packers of the fudge.

After messing with my rear end bearings for a few hrs last night "dave" aint a happy girl today,, but i have got
    up early enough so the boy aint late today !! another driving lesson today , then more playbox and sort me bearings out but other than that nowtness to do till the boy finishes @ 3.... im beginning to enjoy seeing all the yummy mummies too !! :wink:

anyhoo time for a quick bit of bacon...............
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Evening Scuttlers,

Horrid night shift followed by coming home to find I've run out of contact lens solution so had to go to Tesco, then finding out my car tyre has a slow puncture means I'm just ready for bed and Bit grouchy

Night
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cicatriz wrote:

Drove into work this morning and could not believe the number of commuters cycling without lights / reflective clothing. Black clothes on a black bike are not clever. If they’ve really got a death wish there are enough idiots around these parts to fulfil that for them.
    Later……

tell me about it, there's a guy i see every morning riding to/home from work. during the summer it was fine cos it was light at 6am. i saw him this morning - or very nearly didn't! with no lights, dressed in dark clothes going down a busy dual carrige way ffs...oh and he had no helmet either :shock:

after my 'it's raining to much i won't bring the bike to work' descision yeasterday, it turned out to be a nice evening here :x i have somewhere to go after work today, but hopefully i'll be back in time to get out for a ride later.

anyway, i'm bored already and i've only been in 2 hours...

laters
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning wet people,
    Left the house over an hour ago and still less than four miles from my house sitting in traffic. Seems we've had a bit of rain so there are one or two puddles on the road. Knew I should have brought my bike instead.
    Meh
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

I'm off to Bristol soon.

Not a lot you can say after that

Oh yes there is just had a mate phone up to say i can have use of a large house on Bali for next years hols better start saving for flights :D
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Richie63 wrote:
    Morning All

I'm off to Bristol soon.

Not a lot you can say after that

Oh yes there is just had a mate phone up to say i can have use of a large house on Bali for next years hols better start saving for flights :D

i'm already in bristol. bring your bike, it's sunny :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Another crap sleep so not in a great mood
  • Morning worker peeps!

On the sofa, watching a film and eating chocolate... 1st day off since... Oh, July? Maybe June?

Loving the lie in, even the dog didn't hassle until gone 9am. The weather really doesn't know what it is doing, muggy sunshine interspersed with wind and rain. Probably safest to stay on the sofa until afternoon dog walk time!

Have a good one folks
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning.
    new light arrived yesterday, so now i'll be lighting up the trails with 6300 lumens attached to me :lol:
    gotta put old mud tyres on as the new ones i ordered yesterday they cant supply :?

Porridge and coffee have been consumed, now to head for the people they call customers :?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • The last lunch of a condemned man:

photo-3.jpg

We fly home tonight to (I gather) biblical storms and floods - can't wait :cry:
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning serial abusers... is that it then? are we headlong into dark dreary days and constant mud again? It was nice to escape it for a brief while....onwards to rigid single speed, catweasel beard and woolley hat :(
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Afternoon

Only 4PM but it's already looking dark and bleak outside. Rain has just started chucking it down again. That coupled with the high wind equals me staying in doors tonight :)

Laters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's