mtb tyres

kylieboi
kylieboi Posts: 11
edited September 2012 in MTB beginners
hi having recently getting back into xc/ light mtb i really need to make a few upgrades to my bike this month i wanna get new tyres for my vulcan v-spec but not sure what tyre size i can get... tyres on it atm are 26x2.1 and rims are -dbm1 (which i cant find any info online about) much help would be appreciated as i have seen some 26x2.2 tyres i kinda wanna try but unsure if the rim will take anything. any tyre recommendations are welcome also

many thanks kylieboi.

Comments

• Have a search of buying advice - this discussion has been covered many times.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The wheels are Formula but branded with Carrera's own label, actually quite good wheels, 2.2's will fit no probs, measure your rim width (internal) and look on the tyre manufacturers websites and they'll tell you the rim width range for each tyre
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • many thanks for the reply i was kinda worried as i had checked out a few "how to buy" articles and it had stated to check out the rim to see which range could fit and that looking at continental tyres mountain king mkii one person had stated that you had to watch incase the wheel blew off if they were to wide. being slightly safety conscious i felt i had to ask for so advise off people that had poss the same bike if not same make