Anyone else drive a Mini (and will an Evoc bag fit in it?)?

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited October 2012 in The hub
Hello (again) :D

My new car is a 2003 Mini Cooper S - whilst this may not be very practical for MTBing, it is in fact the most practical car I have owned in about 10 years :lol:

I can just about fit my bike inside (with the rear seats down) but am now pondering whether my Evoc bike bag is likely to fit - anyone with a Mini who knows? My bike bag is stored somewhere else so it's not just as simple as trying it :wink:

Also, what do people use as a boot liner? I refuse to buy the official Mini liner for £130 as it'll get covered in mud pretty much straight away and I don't care what it looks like! I would like to protect the boot floor / rear seats which are down plus the sides of the car if possible. Fortunately I am pretty short and my bikes are pretty small, so it all actually fits fairly well :lol:

I'm not too keen on the bikes being outside the car on a bike rack, so would rather find a solution to transport the bike inside the car.

Thanks for any advice / tips!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I bought a huge tarpaulin off Ebay - a few quids and it goes up the sides as well - I have a man sized station wagon though, not a hairdressers car. I use an old duvet as well so they don't clank around when I'm carrying more than one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No idea what an Evoc bag is though. My bag divorced me.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Big tarp, big sheet of plastic (builders dust sheets from B&Q) or an old rug/sheet.

My bike bag which was an old planet x one and bigger than an evoc fitted in my mates Polo perfectly - i guess in theory if your bike fits in the car then the bike in a bag should fit in too?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Also, what do people use as a boot liner?

We use a boot liner:

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk

It's a lot like the official liners, but you can ask them to do some extra tailoring options. We have one for our estate. Stops the dog and assorted bike bits and walking boots and any damp outdoors stuff from covering the interior in mud. Despite the fact that it cost approximately one gazillion pounds, I'll buy another for our next estate or family motor.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I use old lino to line the boot
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I got a big brown tarp. Proper old school tarp, nice and thick, not your crinkly horrible blue things from B&Q- bit of tar and you could use it to keep a ship afloat.

And that's not a Mini.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    tarp is a ruddy nightmare, just catches on the pedals and gets dragged about. I use an old curtain I got from a charity shop for 99p, but I'd go down the lino route if I needed more waterproof.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Northwind wrote:
    I got a big brown tarp. Proper old school tarp, nice and thick, not your crinkly horrible blue things from B&Q- bit of tar and you could use it to keep a ship afloat.

And that's not a Mini.

The crinkly horrible blue thing from b&q does the job nicely.