Bianchi Oltre - Updated pic with new wheels

Wobblehead
Wobblehead Posts: 264
edited January 2013 in Your road bikes
Coming later this week, will post pics then.

Quite excited about this new arrival

http://www.bicycleexpress.com.au/bikes/ ... ing_1.aspx

Chorus goupset, racing 1 wheels

Hope it stays dry enough for a few rides before it settles down for the winter in the spare room...

...she's not happy... :)

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Wow, that's a beautiful bike. Enjoy!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice. :D
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    I have always much admired this bike - rave reviews but not mainstream enough to get the praise it deserves i think - luck man
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • What colour scheme are you getting? Celeste (vacansoleil) or BoB?

Funny how they translate oltre (hors in French) as 'beyond', which works well in French for 'beyond category' but not if, say, a lift is 'hors service' i.e. out of service. Beyond service? That implies really great service, not zero service.

As a stand alone Italian word a much better translation would just be plain old 'ultimate'. But since Litespeed do one, guess they had to be different.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Coming in Celeste colours, hopefully will get some pics up Saturday, unless I get it sh1t up on the way back from lbs
  • the feeling of picking up a new bike and riding home nothing better i dont think. lovely bike on my list for a future ride i think. enjoy
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    My Mate has the Vacansoleil version and it is truly beautiful, lovely finish and the subtle shadows of dark blue really look cool 8) :mrgreen:
  • Wobblehead
    edited September 2012
    Not brilliant pics, but taken on my phone

Not sure what to do re computer, dont like the sensor on the forks, any ideas?

B0llorks, making a right horlicks of posting pics, I'll try again...
  • IMAG0249.jpg
  • IMAG0246.jpg?t=1348853408

Sorry, technophobe...

Frame: OLTRE Carbon, Headset 1.5" - 1 1/8", X-TeX technology, UTSS Ultra Thin Seat Stay, Internal cable routing, BB30 system
    Fork: Full Carbon HoC 1.5">1.1/8"
    Cranks: Campagnolo CHORUS ULTRA-TORQUE Carbon 11s 34-50T
    Front Derailleur: Campagnolo CHORUS 11sp clip-on
    Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo CHORUS 11sp
    Shifters: Campagnolo CHORUS Ultra Shift 11sp Ergopower shifiting levers
    Chain: Campagnolo CHORUS 11sp
    Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 1 black - Campy
    Tyres: Schwalbe Ultremo
    Brakes: Campagnolo CHORUS-D SKELETON
    Brake Levers: Integrated in the shifter
    Handlebar: Fsa Wing Pro Compact
    Headset: Fsa Orbit C-40-CF-ACB + Carbon Ti X- Plug with logo Bianchi
    Stem: Fsa SL-K Black
    Grips: Bike Ribbon Eolo soft
    Saddle: Fizik Antares manganese rail, shell Rilsan Carbon reinforced
    Seatpost: Oltre Full Carbon Aero special dimension with titanium screws
    Waterbottle Hanger: Elite Pase Carbon
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That is one of the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen. Love it.

Regarding the computer, you could always mount the sensor on the chainstay if it's wireless.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Thanks Declan

I share your thoughts, can't stop looking at it and smiling

:)
  • i've just decided what my next upgrade is going to be.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Wobblehead wrote:

Get a Garmin :D
  • Just found camera, looks a better shot

IMG_23161.jpg
  • RC856 wrote:
    Wobblehead wrote:

Get a Garmin :D

Might be one for the xmas list, although this is xmas, birthday and fathers day present for next 5 years.

If I spend any more I'll be wearing my bollox for earrings.... :lol:
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    A very, very special looking bike! Congratulations!
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Lovely looking bike, Always liked the Bianchi's - What is it with Italian bikes and styling... Spec,trek,cervelo etc etc will NEVER have the panache of the Italian steeds. And it's got to have a campag groupset on it.
  • just stunning congrats mate that looks epic. i want one
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Lovely. Weight? Clubmate has an Infinito with Super Record, this is a nicer looking frame. Needs a proper big ring mind...
  • Great review in Pro Cycling magazine earlier this year, mentions the aero features, love the wings on the forks
  • Great loking bike - are you keeping the h/b stem at that hight or are you bringing it up a bit ?
  • Wobblehead
    edited September 2012
    mm1 wrote:
    Lovely. Weight? Clubmate has an Infinito with Super Record, this is a nicer looking frame. Needs a proper big ring mind...

Comes in at around 7.4kg, with pedals, not sure if scales are right but I thought it would be lighter, especially as my cycling mate came round after looking at a cube at 6.1kg, no pedals. :(

That said, if I'd have wanted a truly light bike I would have bought something else, only reason I bought this is for the way it looks..... :D

With regards to a big ring, where I live the only chance of it getting a big ring would be on the back :wink:
  • Great loking bike - are you keeping the h/b stem at that hight or are you bringing it up a bit ?

Going to ride it a bit to ensure it is set up right before it gets chopped
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm Damm

I narrowed my choice down to this bike on SR and the Cervelo R5, and went for the R5, god.... your bike looks amazing... not sure i picked the right bike now..lol :shock: :shock:

That does look amazing, i am just going to pretend the R5 is better for me!! hahaha.. :lol:
  • LOL

Looked at SR too, would have cost me another £2K (inc better wheels, carbon bars etc), but no chance

I'll have to put up which Chorus

R5 looks awesome too, any pics of yours on here?
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    The spec you have is fine, day to day you probably wouldn't notice the difference anyway :o

Here is the link to my old post of my bike

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12868709&p=17769674&hilit=Cervelo+r5#p17769674
  • Superb, looks the mut's nuts
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    Drool. I can say no more.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Quality :)
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap