The latest incarnation of my System Six

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
Decided to try Sram out and the jury is still out about double tap but I really like the shape of the hoods.

The Frame and Forks had been shelved for 18 months and I was riding fixed, but I have to say after a couple of weeks back on the 'Dale, this is by far the best handling bike out there, bold claims I know but as a crit bike nothing comes close!

This is taken at the top of a climb in France this week, I will give it a good clean and take some decent photo's soon but this will have to do for now.

2bcrib.jpg

Cannondale System Six f&f size 58cm
Cannondale System Six Carbon stem (by Controltech)
FSA Wing Pro Compact Carbon Bars
Cannondale Carbon seatpost
Fizik Antares saddle
Sram Force Front mech and BB30 Chainset 53/39
Sram Rival rear mech,brake calipers and shifters
Shimano Ultegra 6700 cassette 12-25
Mavic Open Pro's on 105 hubs with Spesh training tyres (DB spokes)
Bonty carbon cages
KMC X10-SL chain.

Think like this it's about 7.5 kg but weight is not so important for me as I am quite heavy myself.
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Better photo's.

25881l0.jpg
    dwyhpk.jpg
    2dserr4.jpg
    106izdl.jpg
    2mmtv8h.jpg
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Looks nice, that was such a hot frame in it's day and in black it still is.

I'm also "making the leap"(TM) to SRAM from Shimano and have found it tough to get to grips with and often mis-shift. One thing which really helped me was to use the cam to separate the shifter paddle from the brake lever. Take a 2mm allen key or similar, pull just the shift lever away from the brake lever AND rotate in inwards towards the center line of the bike. Put the 2mm allen key in the notch in the silver cam and rotate the cam.

Start with it quite far away from the brake blade to test the other extreme and ride and keep riding it. I have it about 1/2 way back and I find it actually falls to my hand more often than the Shimano one does, so I'm slowly growing to like it.

Unf. the drawback is that Sram shifters look like turkey's legs once the shift paddle and the brake blade have a gap in between them.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    concrete is brutal.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice bike. :D