Why is there no thread about Kate's boobs?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
OK, so I was out of the Country last week, Menorca for those interested, and every morning on BBC News there were reports about Ms Middleton and and Royal Family's outrage at her baps being papped.

Now, I'm not gonna lie, I've seen them. I had to! Curiousity compelled me in the same it does when walking past someone (ladyfolk) sunbathing topless. I'm not talking standing there gazing, you know when one eye trails slightly off out of alignment with the other eye....

But that is beside the issue, why has there been no thread on this?

Me? I think she was right to be outaged, they are not celebrities famed for their celebrity, she should be afforded a measure of privacy to be human and it is not the same as a sunbather going topless. She wasn't in a public place. But it's out there on the internet so people, like me, are gonna look.

Nice too
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Welcome back, how was Menorca?
  • You've changed. Only a few months ago you would have disapproved of this sort of thread.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Because no one cares?

For me this story and Page 3 of the Sun boils down to the same headline - "Woman has breasts shocker!"
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • I think there's been no thread because some muppet a while ago got so incensed by the idea of men on this forum discussing attractive women in a state of undress that we are all too scared to even mention it.

They're really not
  • DonDaddyD
    notsoblue wrote:
    Welcome back, how was Menorca?
    Beautiful, lovely, hot and wonderful. A little English - as in there was one nearly Spainish/Menorcan restaurant, which was lovely. But brit aboard with a baby was the kind of no stress holiday that was needed.

"What you having mate?"
    "San Miguel, pint of, gracias!"
    You've changed. Only a few months ago you would have disapproved of this sort of thread.

But this is the crux of the point. If the images were posted in this section then I would say that was a step to far. There is nothing wrong with enjoying, talking and exploring all aspects of sex its just how and where you choose to do it.

If there were posts dehumanising her then I would say that was a step too far.

Discussing the conumdrum of whether she was right to be outraged, which I think she is, while acknowledging and debating the juxtaposed position which is the (my) natural hetrosexual curiousity to see said photos I think is OK.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    There was no thread about Kates boobs because it was all casually draped over the back of a sunlounger dumkopf :-)
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Discussing the conumdrum of whether she was right to be outraged, which I think she is, while acknowledging and debating the juxtaposed position which is the (my) natural hetrosexual curiousity to see said photos I think is OK.

You misspelt humdrum
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Because no one cares?

For me this story and Page 3 of the Sun boils down to the same headline - "Woman has breasts shocker!"
    Very true. That's even more of a non-story than posh tory is a bit of an arrogant twunt. The ones on page 3 are generally more impressive at least.
  • You've changed. Only a few months ago you would have disapproved of this sort of thread.

But this is the crux of the point. If the images were posted in this section then I would say that was a step to far. There is nothing wrong with enjoying, talking and exploring all aspects of sex its just how and where you choose to do it.

If there were posts dehumanising her then I would say that was a step too far.

I take that back. You've not changed. Glad to hear you're naturally heterosexual curiosity is intact. How is your natural homosexual curiosity doing?
  • DonDaddyD
    How is your natural homosexual curiosity doing?
    Fighting to exist actually.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    How is your natural homosexual curiosity doing?
    Fighting to exist actually.

Shame.
  • DonDaddyD
    Why?

But I'm not gonna lie, much like I sort out Kate's boobs because I was curious. If there were photo's of Valverde and Contador getting it on ("Yum...." "What the! Get back to not existing!"), I'd probably Google that too!

It would still be wrong that the photo's were taken - depending on where they were.
    Food Chain number = 4

• andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    Hope the weather was better there than here, DDD, and that you had a good time.

Need to look further afield within the forums:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12878473

Careful though, it's adults only stuff and some may be offended :wink:
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • veronese68
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    But I'm not gonna lie, much like I sort out Kate's boobs because I was curious.
    How would you sort out Kate's thrups? A bit of silicone? Or do you mean you'd like to do something over them? I don't think you should be writing such things. :wink:
    Couldn't resist the pedant bit on that as I liked the possible other meanings. I think you sought out the pictures.
    Glad you had a good holiday. Just wait until you get tied to outside term time for the full rip off. My holiday seems like a lifetime ago.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    its only a pair of norks at the end of the day

if you wanna look at some iddy-biddy-titty look at page 3 of the scum
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • DonDaddyD
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Couldn't resist the pedant bit on that as I liked the possible other meanings.
    You dirty, dirty man.

Re. Holiday.

There were so many kids out there you'd think it was the summer holidays or they simply didn't go to school.

Not sure what we are going to do probably save more but the rip off prices are ridiculous.
    Food Chain number = 4

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    What a daft poll - of course we sought out the photo on the web. Just as we'd seek out a photo of justin Bieber being rogered by Chuck Norris if we were led to understand that such a photo was out there. In fact, I'd pay money for that one.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You dirty, dirty man.
    Yes, bang to rights there.
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Re. Holiday.

There were so many kids out there you'd think it was the summer holidays or they simply didn't go to school.

Not sure what we are going to do probably save more but the rip off prices are ridiculous.
    Not much you can do about it. I know people that take their kids out of school and say even if they are fined it's cheaper than going in the school holidays. It's not so bad when they're little. But as they get older I think it's more of an issue. I also think it gives the kid the wrong idea that school is not important. We just resign ourselves to paying over the top
  • DonDaddyD
    Veronese68 wrote:

Not much you can do about it. I know people that take their kids out of school and say even if they are fined it's cheaper than going in the school holidays. It's not so bad when they're little. But as they get older I think it's more of an issue. I also think it gives the kid the wrong idea that school is not important. We just resign ourselves to paying over the top
    I completely agree and probably wouldn't take my son out of school. It is such a piss take though, and even if the schools didn't fine parents holiday companies would just adjust the peak times to incoporate more of the school term.

Must be a way around it though, like ordering tickets through another Country..... must be.
    Food Chain number = 4

• veronese68
    My son's school now puts all of the inset days together at the end of the summer term so you can go a week early. Which would be great if my daughter's school did the same.
    Only problem is if all of the schools did this the travel companies would soon cotton on.
  • DonDaddyD
    I am actually going to book a flight (or find out if possible and the costs) in the Country I am going on holiday to.

So my first flight would be the plane leaving London and returning to said Country. The second flight would be the plane going to London.

Assuming the school terms are different it should be cheaper....
    Food Chain number = 4

• jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Re: travel companies cottoning on

You do realise that prices go up in the school holidays because there is more demand than supply? They have to have a pricing differential to the term-time to pursuade people without kids (and yes, some people with kids) to take their holidays outside the peak months. If you've ever seen the economics of a holiday operator, it's scary. Basically they don't cover costs outside the peak months. If they did price up May/June to cover more costs then they would just be emptier...

I'm not saying it is not an absolute shag paying top dollar in July/August. It's bloody painful. But it is not a scam by the holiday companies it is simple supply/demand.
  • jedster
    Oh and back to the question in the title, answer is presumably because DDD was on holiday? ;-)
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Every year we take the kids skiing during the February Half Term; it doesn't cost us a penny more than it would to go a week or two earlier or later.

We drive, and book the ferry/tunnel early. If we wanted to fly, we could also do it for a reasonable price by booking early.
    We don't go to France, where the accomodation prices double for peak weeks; we go to a nice resort in Austria where accomodation prices are flat across the season. This resort also has the sort of skiing we enjoy, and a ski school that runs from 10am-3.30pm, meaning we get a decent 5.5 hour block every day to ski on our own.
    We don't book through a travel agent; in this day and age, where everything can be booked on the internet anyway, I really don't see the point.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • jedster
    TGOTB,

With respect, I think you are smoking dope!

We booked flights to Geneva for half term 2013 way in advance this year. Booked flights to GVA for earlier Jan too and we booked them a month after we had booked the half term flights. Cost of the Jan flights was 20% of the price for half term!

I take your point about putting your own deal together but the fact remains, if hotels know they will sell out then they price higer than when they know they will have empty rooms. Same for planes.
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Because no one cares?

This +100000000000000*10(99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999)
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Jedster,

With respect, if I am smoking dope, I am doing so passively, probably from your massive spliff...

As I said, we normally avoid France because it tends to be overpriced at the best of times (and full of loud Brits). This year we went to Austria (near Kitzbuhel), and paid exactly the same for accomodation as we would have done any other week in the season. Eurotunnel (booked within a few days of the tickets being available) was under £100, and some friends joined us, having flown to Munich for a little over £100 a head (which is about as cheap as you can realistically expect on a proper airline).

We're doing the same next year, for similar money. We booked the apartment while we were there last time, and booked the tunnel when the tickets came out (though it has gone up £20 - boo!)

Total cost of the holiday for four of us is a shade over £2k; that includes fuel, food, booze, ski hire/school for the kids, lift passes, everything.

Just because you can't manage to put together a sensibly priced holiday, does not mean it can't be done.

Edit: Maybe the trick is to go somewhere that doesn't cater predominately for Brits. Austria attracts a lot of Dutch, Scandinavian and German skiers, and fewer Brits; with different school holidays in different countries, they may have a less well-defined peak season.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • TGOTB wrote:
    Jedster,

With respect, if I am smoking dope, I am doing so passively, probably from your massive spliff...

As I said, we normally avoid France because it tends to be overpriced at the best of times (and full of loud Brits). This year we went to Austria (near Kitzbuhel), and paid exactly the same for accomodation as we would have done any other week in the season. Eurotunnel (booked within a few days of the tickets being available) was under £100, and some friends joined us, having flown to Munich for a little over £100 a head (which is about as cheap as you can realistically expect on a proper airline).

We're doing the same next year, for similar money. We booked the apartment while we were there last time, and booked the tunnel when the tickets came out (though it has gone up £20 - boo!)

Total cost of the holiday for four of us is a shade over £2k; that includes fuel, food, booze, ski hire/school for the kids, lift passes, everything.

Just because you can't manage to put together a sensibly priced holiday, does not mean it can't be done.

Edit: Maybe the trick is to go somewhere that doesn't cater predominately for Brits. Austria attracts a lot of Dutch, Scandinavian and German skiers, and fewer Brits; with different school holidays in different countries, they may have a less well-defined peak season.

Dude if you seriously think most people can afford to spend £2000 on a family holiday you must be smoking a lot more than dope.

And it seems that there is a thread about Kate's boobs.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Because no one cares?

Ohhh yeah +1