Well that was a bit damp....

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited September 2012 in Commuting general
anyone else have a fun cycle/swim to work today?

but 26 miles done and new jacket and overshoes were given a good test and both performed pretty well if i'm honest
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• Azhar
    Azhar Posts: 247
    Chris Bass wrote:
    anyone else have a fun cycle/swim to work today?

but 26 miles done and new jacket and overshoes were given a good test and both performed pretty well if i'm honest

I have the pro h20 tarmac overshoes i got from wiggle and water still manages to get in. which ones do you have? 16 mile journey in to work today and wasn't bad. quite like riding in the rain but always got that thought of falling that slows me down more than is necessary. but hey, i cycled in and im happy :D
  • The rain eased off slightly as soon as I set off, but still got pretty wet. My jacket has been brilliant value so far http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006PFUB44/ref=asc_df_B006PFUB449814461?smid=A2MTDW8RBEK7L1&tag=hydra0b-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B006PFUB44&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1234567890&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

I need to work out which mudguard fits on my Criterium, my worst problem is a saggy, soaking wet butt :(

But I did it, so what's the worst that can happen!
  • My small cycle to the train station turned into a slightly longer one as the trains were delayed and I was sent to the next station along as they wouldn't take a bike on the replacement bus service.

Glad I was wrapped up warm, only thing to get wet were my feet, not really looking forward to the spin back this evening.

I think, when I get a new bike, it's going to need mudguards and possibly the ability to hover, that'd maybe be drier.
  • i managed to miss the rain entirely this morning, somehow. That was lucky. Not that it bothers me to be honest - I shower when I get to work so getting wet really isn't an issue.
  • I had my first commute in the rain Friday evening. I was a little concerned how different it would be, but no problems. Noticed no difference in grip if I'm honest.
    Looking at the weather report again just now, just happy that my commute is Essex to City and back. There was a whole lot of dark blue on the map pic Sky News just showed....all north of the Watford Gap so hopefully dry journey home.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    i have dhb Extreme Weather Neoprene Overshoes, they arent waterproof but they kept my feet warm and coupled with seal skinz socks only the slightest bit of water made it through!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • inkz
    inkz Posts: 123
    Only a 5 mile commute for me but my BBB Waterflex overshoes and Gore Phantom did me proud :)