Mehnday Morning Blues...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited September 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

Took me ages to get back to Leeds last night as they'd closed the motorway between Bradford and Leeds, leading to a large detour. As I knew the area, I went an alternate route, which is probably longer, but didn't have all the traffic. This didn't bother me too much as it meant all the housemates have gone to bed when I got home.
When this contract ends, I'm moving out. I've now remembered why I don't like housemates; too many politics! Sadly, I've just signed up for another 6 months, so here till March!

Work today, Judo tonight, then bed.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' star-spawn

So, this Indian Summer the weathercocks were promising. What happened to that, then? It was raining when I left home; by the time I got to work it was like someone was dropping buckets of water, minus the plastic bits.

F**k it, I'm going to wring me socks out and grab a steaming mug o' Joe.

Onwards! To coffee! And dry feet!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

my bike and bags were all packed to be put in the car for a ride at FoD later. i looked out the window at the rain and the 2 inches of water that was surrounding my car and thought 'feck that' and have left the bike nice and warm in the house.....now i feel like a bit of a p.ussy for wimping out :?

there's no one on site to supervise me today so i think a long nap might be in order

laters all
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Feck me it's wet out there!

Today is lots of hassle and not too much fun till I get home and have a go on some rollers a mate has lent me - what could possible go wrong!
  • Clank
    matthew h wrote:
    what could possible go wrong!

'snap, bang, clatter.........................tinkle tinkle'?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Morning Mongs,

Wet 'n' miserable here too so riding isn't on the cards even though my LBS have finally pulled their finger out and fixed the bike - headed out later to pick it up and keep them to their promise of fixing it FOC. After that its more of trying to sort out interviews, hopefully one will come up trumps soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Mehning Losers!

As I knew the area, I went an alternate route, which is probably longer,

Laters!

CWNT and myself may disagree with you on the first point and certainly agree with you on the latter :lol:

Anyway off in to town to get some cash out for bike frame. Maybe a coffee as well who knows?
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Just about recovered from my jaunt round Coniston area on Saturday. I swear a mountain goat would struggle to get up some of those hills. 33 miles in total and I was knackered on Saturday night. Trails are still so wet and slippy. Punctured twice but sorted quickly. May need to invest in a better pump though.

Still managed to get out for a few pints though.

Usual Monday morning meh compounded by cake making minion having no offerings this morning.

So, onwards to tea with no cake.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    mornin,

Great weekend long ride sat, 3 x tea shops then fuck me.... only went & stumbled on a beer festival on the last bit of my route.... does it get much better??

Sun, day out in the Peaks with the mrs, she's getting quite handy on the bike now so waiting time was actually quite minimal, she was a bit tired and emotional by the end though.... mainly due to my off piste excursion and 20 minutes of hike a bike :oops: avoided the rain though, bonus.

Today is waiting for the engineer to fix the printer....
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning feckwits,
    not a bad weekend, lots of fun with the kids on saturday then more fun with wife saturday night.
    Sunday was ok until i broke Shakira in two, strange, my dreams of breaking Shakira in two were slightly happier endings.
    Anyway, the GP was long and tedious, but its shaping up to be a good finale

Forgot to buy milk on way in, so its black coffee's all round!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Meh

had nearly 2 weeks off work on holiday back end of August, back for 3 days, no2 hit fan big style, then got some manflu. Manflu developed into a chest infection so spent another 2 weeks in bed/settee.

Back to work today, months worth of email and correspondance, chest infection has passed but i havent had a fag in 2 weeks (going to take advantage and have another push at giving up) left with a persistnt cough, all muscles in torso are aching and I have some cartilage sticking out from my ribs and I still cant take a deep enough breath to pop it back in.

so this is black monday for me

did have a very nice bacons for breakfast though
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Mondays suck balls.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    OOOooooooo were pictures of my bacons offensive post removed

damn you Monday :x
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    Sunday was ok until i broke Shakira in two, !

POIDH!
  • morning homos.

Workmeh!

Looking out the window and it would appear that armageddon has officially arrived.

To cheer myself up, I'm shopping for bikestuffs. Including a.......... singlspeed road frame and forks. :shock:

*hangs head in shame*

Laters douchebags
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    Sunday was ok until i broke Shakira in two, strange, my dreams of breaking Shakira in two were slightly happier endings.

Did you leave it out in the rain?

Afternoon Twatwaffles!

Nothing but meetings all week, but at least I might be able to get home early a couple of nights and get out on the bikes.

On the search for some narrow grips to work with gripshifts - about to try Superstar. This will mean that the latest skip project will have cost me about £10!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • To cheer myself up, I'm shopping for bikestuffs. Including a.......... singlspeed road frame and forks. :shock:

Pompetamine.

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I'm shopping for bikestuffs. Including a.......... singlspeed road frame and forks.

pijobf4e8h-t.jpg
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • To cheer myself up, I'm shopping for bikestuffs. Including a.......... singlspeed road frame and forks. :shock:

Pompetamine.

nope.

I'll tell you IF I win the auction on the popular online auction site where it's currently listed.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

Uni meh today. Killer hangover too, lots of fresher fun last night though so can't complain too much.

Might play bikes this evening if I'm feeling up to it. Need to start exploring this place a bit more and see if there are actually any hills, anywhere.

Laters

Pompetamine.

nope.

I'll tell you IF I win the auction on the popular online auction site where it's currently listed.

You know the smughippybarstewards won't let it go until it's reached double it's actual value

• that's fine. I'm only taking it on as a long-ish term project, so I'm not desperate to buy so I can put silly low numbers in and bide my time.
  • afternoon packers of fudge.

well day started 5hite...got woken by the boy " dad dont i have go school today?".. :shock: last one in the gate ...
    and the weather aint helped , had planned getting the 'goose out.........BOTTLED IT THO :oops: :oops: and to top it off , "dave" came home @ 10 for another fricking hospital scan ,id obviously forgotten about :roll: . anyhoo catching up with shameless and wondering who i'd ruin 1st, karen,kelly or that jock bird.......
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:

POIDH!
    broken_zpsfc08d54c.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • SONOFABITCH!

Could've been nasty that one.

Were the forks too long or something?
  • VWsurfbum
    SONOFABITCH!

Could've been nasty that one.

Were the forks too long or something?
    Nope, i was lifting the front end up to get throught the one muddy patch, obviously i had to come down at some point and the front wheel stopped dead and flung me over the bars. my first thought was "bugger i've broken the carbon steerer tube" then looked at my bike and realised i changed the rigid forks and made some modifacations
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Suh-weet mother of dog!

Well, you've defo modified it, now.

• VWsurfbum
    I heard back from them this morning, they have passed the pictures on to their Tech, hopefully find out tonight about a replacement.
    If they do decide not to replace under warranty i'll be pissed but it will give me the excuse to build the 456 i've been craving?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • A public or "bank" holiday here on the end of the dark continent, it's called heritage day, where the Marxists who rule the country wont let anyone forget the past, the liberation struggle, or that "colonialists" and white folk in general have no place in Africa.
    No complaints though, it's a day off and I get paid.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttler types

Well my morning anyway. I'm on nights this week so headed up to the gymnasium before work for a session. So far I feel more broken than a southerners downtube

Very little else to report however, oh other than I got tickets to see Dara O'briann for my upcoming birthday which will be nice, I say upcoming, its almost 2 months away so plenty of time for you to get me something nice.

That's all for now
    Tarrah a bit
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:

POIDH!
    broken_zpsfc08d54c.jpg

WOAH..that sucks!!!