Goggles

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Evening all

Any recommendations on goggles ?

I've given up on shades. I'm not spending £100+ on Oakleys, so goggles are the next best bet.

Cheers

DCR

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ALCFHLS-S_driver_1.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DCR00
    Awesome, are they Oakleys ?
  • What are you going to wear them with? A full face or enduro style lid? If not I dont think goggles will work very well and definitely not if youa re riding up a hill.

What is wrong with glasses? Sport specific ride glasses like Endura ones, Ryders, Madisons etc etc are all pretty decent and inexpensive.

Goggles wise I ride in Smith Fuel v2 Sweat X and they work a treat.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • DCR00
    What are you going to wear them with? A full face or enduro style lid? If not I dont think goggles will work very well and definitely not if youa re riding up a hill.

What is wrong with glasses? Sport specific ride glasses like Endura ones, Ryders, Madisons etc etc are all pretty decent and inexpensive.

Goggles wise I ride in Smith Fuel v2 Sweat X and they work a treat.

Ive gone for some Oakley O frames (despite what i said above). II wear an open face helmet. Ive seen people using goggles with open face, cant see an issue there.

I have tried 3 pairs of Endura now. The basic ones were ok, but they dont stay on your face. I then tried some more expensive Mullet glasses, thinking that having some that changed with the light would mean only having one pair of glasses, however whilst they are great in bright light, they are sh*te in low light. Bombing through a forrest and not being able to see properly is not cool, and when i came off at Degla last month i got a ton of dirt in my eyes despite having them on.
  • I've been using some mx O frames for a good while now. can't really fault them. they're comfortable enough in a full face, and if i every feel like going for the enduro look they fit pretty well around my urge enduromatic lid as well.
  • I use these;

Fox Rockstar
    Fox12_Main-Rockstar-Goggle.jpg

Think they cost me £40 and they have Oakley lenses
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • DCR00
    Used the googles for the 1st time on Sat morning while riding the Monkey. When i ordered them i got some Persimmon lenses as well. Wow is all i can say. In low light (it was around 8am) they are brilliant. Googles are hotter than glasses, but i didnt have any issues with fogging and they just stay put. Didnt get any sweat in my eyes either. Only slight drawback is looking behind you isnt so easy.

I got a couple of odd looks from other riders, not that i care like

If you are deliberating over getting some, i say do it !