tora 302 air forks

hainman
hainman Posts: 699
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
i have the afore mentioned forks on my RR 9.1 and i adjusted the air pressure the other day and have noticed that when i lean on my front end and bounce theres a click coming from it,they havent been serviced since i bought the bike last year.is this serious or do i need to adjust them abit more.im only 10st as im loosing weight due to illness so thought i'd go by the psi rate on the forks but not sure if ive done something wrong
Giant Reign 2
Crohnie

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    clicks tend to be the valves working.

i would not concerned.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • hainman
    cheers nick,if you dont mind me asking but the sag on the forks,should it be much when sitting on the bike as much as the rear??im using maybe 20% rear and mayebe same front but if i put my weight on the front just bouncing i notice the fork using all the travel.do you recon i need more air as if i was on a trail i think id bottom out my fork or worse
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • To set the sag on the front forks you need to slowly stand up into your normal standing position that you would be in when riding the bike. you only set the rear sag by sitting on the bike
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • hainman
    thanks 97th i was setting the front and rear sitting down
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie