Meat and two veg pain

boogi11
boogi11 Posts: 354
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all, but embarrassing this, but with over 10 thousand members I can't be the only one.

I started biking about four months ago and thought I was going through the pain of bedding in a new saddle, but over the last few weeks the little fella has not been performing so well :( , I also have a a numb pain , and also I feel like I need a crap.

Now I'm fairly confident that this is a result of either the wrong or an ill fitting saddle, and I hope do rectify this next week with a new one that's fitted, and I'll stop riding till all is better.

But has anybody else been through this and how long did natural recovery take. Just looking for a little re-assurance

Comments

• It won't recover until you sort your saddle out. You shouldn't be numb afterwards.

Have a look at the existing threads on saddles in Beginners and General.
  • GSJ
    GSJ Posts: 150
    I had this problem, even went to the doctors because it lasted for a week+
    But anyways, I changed my saddle and tilted the saddle down ever so slighty and it made a difference.
    (pressuming you're wearing the correct padded shorts of course)
  • boogi11
    boogi11 Posts: 354
    Did you make full recovery " if you know what I mean"
  • Inutero
    Inutero Posts: 111
    Had a similair problem with my right veg when i did my 1st long ride. Turned out the seat was far too forward, moved it back and havent had a problem since.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    It's likely to be a position issue, also, if you need to tilt a saddle downwards, this highlights a position issue too, a saddle should be flat.
  • GSJ
    Yeah I made a full recovery and haven't had no pain since *touch wood*
    I took a week off from cycling to make sure it healed properly
  • GSJ
    danowat wrote:
    a saddle should be flat.
    a flat saddle is just a starting point, not everyones bottoms are the same.
  • boogi11 wrote:
    Hi all, but embarrassing this, but with over 10 thousand members I can't be the only one.

I started biking about four months ago and thought I was going through the pain of bedding in a new saddle, but over the last few weeks the little fella has not been performing so well :( , I also have a a numb pain , and also I feel like I need a crap.

Now I'm fairly confident that this is a result of either the wrong or an ill fitting saddle, and I hope do rectify this next week with a new one that's fitted, and I'll stop riding till all is better.

But has anybody else been through this and how long did natural recovery take. Just looking for a little re-assurance

I had the same probably with my stock saddle, put up with it for 9 weeks hoping it was just me getting used to riding a bike again/being on a saddle but finally realised last week when I completed my first Sportive and my nether-regions were numb/in awful pain that it was the saddle.

I changed it for a Specialized Romin Evo Expert on Friday and took it for a spin today on the Cake Quest sportive I did, and it was a revelation, no pain in the nether-regions and I was a happy bunny :)
  • Yep, been there too. Months of ball ache,lots of tests via the doctor (which thankfully came up with nothing), messing around with bib shorts/longs to find ones that offered more support and then finally I changed my saddle and all is now good.

For me, I suspect, the big issue with the saddle was that it was far too slim for me and therefore my sit bones were not taking the pressure of my body weight, but my much more sensitive perineal area was. I went for a Selle Italia SuperFlow because of its massive cut out, but like I say, I think it is the width that made the biggest difference.