Cardiff Social/Ride

jimothy78
jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
edited September 2012 in MTB rides
This thread is to sort out who's up for a cardiff-based meet and what sort of of thing people want.

Obviously, with nights drawing in, evenings are probably best suited to purely pub-based activities, whereas if we do it day time, then it ccould be coupled with a ride.

I think I favour the former, though, as then people can discuss face-to-face what sort of ride/s to do and when, rather than trying to bash out the details via the forum. Also, if we end up with lots of riders across a broad ability spectrum we could potentially sort out different rides to suit different people.

If you agree with this in principle, then stick your name below with any nights of the week you CAN'T do. Also, a rough location might be a good idea so we can pick a pub as central as possible to the majority.

If you've got a better suggestion, then let's hear it.

Jim - can't do Tuesdays - Tongwynlais.

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Well I'm in but what day depends on what week, if its a nice worry social beer generally every other Sunday is a good night, but obviously if beer is involved in larger amounts then a Saturday might be better.

Gazlar
    Age 32
    Gabalfa (Whitchurch road bit, by the barracks)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Gazlar wrote:
    Well I'm in but what day depends on what week...

Shall we assume week beginning 30th September, then? That gives us a week to drum up interest, so check your schedule for that week, Gaz. Don't see it as a major beer-up myself, just a friendly chat over a couple of pints.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i know it's a bit far out of town for you guys, but something like this aleready takes place with a lot of cardiff lads attending.

i'm a member of halfway up - www.halfwayupmtb.com

the next meeting is thusday evening. there's about 60 member from all over south wales with rides pretty much every night and in pretty much every location - for example myself and ben are going to castle coch tomorrow eve (if it stops peeing it down) i bet some of the guys will be riding machen/wyllie and possibly some other guys will be riding the rhondda/llantrisant areas.

thursday evening is just meet at the pub, talk a bit about teh club, choose a club ride for that month, everyone have a chat to see who's riding where to what ability. there's some xc whippets who regulary do 60km rides, there's some awesome dh riders and there's your run of the mill (me) riders who just do it for a laugh.

come along if you fancy it, everyone's welcome :D
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    welshkev wrote:
    i know it's a bit far out of town for you guys, but something like this aleready takes place with a lot of cardiff lads attending.

i'm a member of halfway up - http://www.halfwayupmtb.com

the next meeting is thusday evening. there's about 60 member from all over south wales with rides pretty much every night and in pretty much every location - for example myself and ben are going to castle coch tomorrow eve (if it stops peeing it down) i bet some of the guys will be riding machen/wyllie and possibly some other guys will be riding the rhondda/llantrisant areas.

thursday evening is just meet at the pub, talk a bit about teh club, choose a club ride for that month, everyone have a chat to see who's riding where to what ability. there's some xc whippets who regulary do 60km rides, there's some awesome dh riders and there's your run of the mill (me) riders who just do it for a laugh.

Might have a look at this later. I've finally got a car that I can get the bike in so travelling is no longer a problem.

Thanks for bringing this up (I'd totally forgotten about it)

Cheers
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    [quote="jndb72
    Might have a look at this later. I've finally got a car that I can get the bike in so travelling is no longer a problem.

Cheers[/quote]

yeah come along, it's at the crown pub in blackwood this month. it starts around 7ish, i may be there a bit late as i'm probably going for a ride first :D
  • jndb72 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

i'm a member of halfway up - http://www.halfwayupmtb.com

Cheers

i do need to get involved in this... now that I have a more XC bike as there are some proper fit whippets!