Sherwood Pines: looking for people to ride with :)

Trail Addict
Trail Addict Posts: 9
edited August 2013 in MTB rides
Hi I am from Worksop and have been biking for a couple of years, I ride sherwood pines a few times a week and i am looking for people to ride with. If your interested send me a reply :)

Comments

• A group of us ride every Wenesday at 7pm from Berry Hill Park for 2 hours to either the Pines or Blidworth. Always back at the pub for 9pm. A smaller group of us meet at 9am most Saturdays from the same place for a 3-4hr ride and sometimes venture to the Peaks or Welsh trail centres at weekends. Anybody is welcome to join, but the emphasis is on fun, not racing. Ssying that, there are some fast and/or skilfull riders amongst us
    Paul
  • I'm free to ride weekends, I live in Nottingham city centre, and have just restarted mountainbiking :) I would definitely be interested in meeting some folk round here. Gimme a PM and we can arrange a ride
  • I don't do MTB but my club does have a section and The Pines are ridden regularly. They were there today in fact. On the way from you In Worksop as well, Have a google for Bolsover and District CC.
  • Have a look at www.sherwoodpinescyclingclub.co.uk or look on the facebook page. always plenty happening and a great bunch of people.
  • Thanks to everybody who has replied, there has been some helpfull information! :D
  • I would be up for a bit of riding if anybody is Around in the day time midweek??
  • hi

i ride at sherwood pines, around vicars pond, garibaldi woods.

i ride about 3 times a week for about 2-3 hours

pm me if you want
  • Hi All,

I too sometimes go up to the pines, not as much as i'd like though lol.

If any one is interested in a ride pm me, i work shifts so week days are a possibility and some weekend mornings.

Not a speed demon ( getting too old for that lol ) but do like the red route when i get up there.

Cheers J.
    Giant Trance X3
    Boardman Limited Edition Carbon #344
    BMC Streetfire ssx( converted to flat bar Hybrid)
  • sc1858
    sc1858 Posts: 25
    hello all

I live in Nottingham city centre and just starting to get back into riding and would like someone to ride with!

I am free most weekends, pm me if anyone is interested.
  • cubicboy
    cubicboy Posts: 117
    sc1858 - a cycling club called Velo Club Bread and Bitter based in Mapperley have quite a few MTB riders who go out regularly: Hope Valley; Sherwood Pines (inc night rides); Cannock. The bias is more on faster XC rather than AM/DH stuff. You can find them on a place called Bunch Rides or on Facebook (where you have to join the group).

http://app.bunch.cc/clubs/VeloClubBreadandBitter
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/VeloClubBreadandBitter/
  • sc1858
    sc1858 Posts: 25
    cubicboy wrote:
    sc1858 - a cycling club called Velo Club Bread and Bitter based in Mapperley have quite a few MTB riders who go out regularly: Hope Valley; Sherwood Pines (inc night rides); Cannock. The bias is more on faster XC rather than AM/DH stuff. You can find them on a place called Bunch Rides or on Facebook (where you have to join the group).

http://app.bunch.cc/clubs/VeloClubBreadandBitter
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/VeloClubBreadandBitter/

cheers for that, i will have a look at those!
  • MTB13
    MTB13 Posts: 29
    I've been biking for about a year and a regular at Pines. The red route isn't the greatest in the world but I still enjoy it. Also venture out towards Sherwood Forest/Clumber Park.
  • MTB13
    MTB13 Posts: 29
    ...edit
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    I ride thr pines when I can, trying to gain more fitness again, let me know if anyone on here fancys a ride round there or elsewhere sometime, :)

Ben
  • I'm good to ride a lot of midweek days or nights as I work the weekends. Do all sorts of riding canal's, trails etc

Live in west bridgford and a car owner so good to travel to Sherwood pines etc.

Drop me a pm if anyone wants as I usually ride on my own and would be good to have someone to cycle with.

Cheers

Mark
  • jb1981
    jb1981 Posts: 8
    can do the pines any time really (half hour away) PM me