New Forest Sportive 2012

pete_s
pete_s Posts: 213
Hi all,

I'm currently signed-up for the sportive taking place in the New Forest on October 6th. However, I'm going to be a solo rider - is there anyone who doesn't mind me tagging along in their group if some people on here are taking part?

Cheers.

Pete

Comments

• GBR1
    GBR1 Posts: 97
    I wish i could help, I am looking for an entry but they are sold out!

Does anyone know (if someone has an entry and cant make it) can give (for some $) their entry for the event??

Cheers

GBR1
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    GBR1 - my riding mate has had to drop out so I have a space available. PM me if you are interested

Pete - what time are you thinking of starting? and do you have a goal time/pace that you are aiming for? I'm hoping to go off about 0730 and aiming for 19 to 20 average pace - any good to you?
  • hatone
    hatone Posts: 228
    Have you guys seen the weather for the weekend? Pretty nasty..!!
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    hatone wrote:
    Have you guys seen the weather for the weekend? Pretty nasty..!!
    Yup. forecast for Saturday says heavy rain over Friday night, maybe clearing by 0700 maybe not. Wet roads at least, and likely a wet start.

Still, it will be a step forward from this year's Wight Ferry Sportive - absbolutely torrential rain at the start, straight through a ?30 to 40 cm? deep puddle under a railway bridge, past the flooded photographer's car, shivering on the ferry, and getting back feeling pleased at having "overcome".