think i have bought the wrong tyre

ianbar
ianbar Posts: 1,354
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
i got a flat the other day so i have bought a new aksion tyre for my aksium wheels. thing is and i have only just realised is the ones i have bought are 700 x 25 and the one its replacing is 700 x23, have i totally messed up?
enigma esprit
cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012

Comments

• Yes. Pretty soon helicopters with search lights will be flying around and fully packing SWAT teams will bust your door down

ps: no you haven't.
  • ianbar
    if i have not what does the number 25 actually represent? and why is it different?
    enigma esprit
  • 2mm wider and takes slightly less pressure,bit more stable and slightly more comfortable.
  • ianbar
    oh ok that sounds alright to me i can accept that, cheers
    enigma esprit
  • it's how fat the tyre is. your rims can take a range of tyre widths depending on your taste. you have just bought a slightly fatter tyre than the one you replaced, but it's still fine.
    there are better ways to choose a tyre than how closely its name resembles the name of your wheels though. and replacing your tyres is an unconventional way to deal with a puncture.
  • ianbar
    well i didn't give all the info....the aksion tyres come with the wheels in the set and since ei only needed one 1 i thought i would stick with same ones plus if i bought a new tyre i would feel compelled to change both. plus when i got the puncture whatever i had gone over had caused a slit in the tyre which had pretty much gone all the way through.
    enigma esprit
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    You don't have to replace tyres when you get a puncture.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • ianbar
    when the tyre was inflated there was all i can describe as a open wound
    enigma esprit
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Put the wider one on the back, it's not unusual.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • ianbar
    i was impressed by chain reactions though ordered yesterday and delivered today! free postage, thats twice recently i have used them and such quick delivery.
    enigma esprit
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    ianbar wrote:
    i was impressed by chain reactions though ordered yesterday and delivered today! free postage, thats twice recently i have used them and such quick delivery.
    Yes, that happens sometimes...