my cannondales

poynedexter
poynedexter Posts: 283
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
my caad8 and now we have a supersix 105

cad10035_zpsb1d6b198.jpg

cad10036_zps96dacb4a.jpg

the caad8 is a 51 and the supersix is a 52. they feel quite different but i've only got the six a few weeks.

Comments

• this is the caad8 in anger earlier this year

cad10021_zps7e744641.jpg
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    Racing in a pro team jersey? I didn't think that was allowed unless you were registered to the team?
  • well if my club got kit in more often, i'd have some lol. it seems more common here anyway, and as a newbie is allowed to make such faux pas, i'll live. !
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    Sorry, I wasn't passing judgement on your choice, I just meant that I thought that British Cycling rules didn't allow it. Perhaps I'm wrong though.
  • lol no worries, in ni we get a cycling ireland licence so it may well be different, especially in club events.
  • Bout ye !! what do you think of the supersix ? i have just ordered one , hoping to get it bout tuesday :D
    Cant wait !! some good deals at the minute
  • she's dead on. i'd say it feels bigger and more strecthed out than the caad8. it rolls better i think, the seat is stiffer and the gearing feels taller even tho its a 54/39. it certainly doesnt make the £500 caad 8 obsolete but in a racing situation may be better, but that remains to be seen. if anything i'd say the wheels roll better above 24mph and it feels stiffer on hills when pulling on the bars.

i bought it because of the price. certainly its a bit lighter but i'll not bs you and say its the best thing since sliced bread, the caad 8 sora is total value.

r u a local-lee?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Lovely bikes, the pair of them! I'm local as the name suggests and thinking strongly of a caad10 105, in between your two I guess! Health to ride!
  • r u a local-lee?[/quote]

Yeah mate , i live in Saintfield . Only started (proper0 cycling about a year ago. Its like a bug , cant get enough of it !!
  • former saintfield me self chum. if we're headin that road next weekend ..........
  • Lovely bikes, the pair of them! I'm local as the name suggests and thinking strongly of a caad10 105, in between your two I guess! Health to ride!

one of my chaps has a 105, it pedals quite nicely i'm told. westbrook have some good deals at the min
  • former saintfield me self chum. if we're headin that road next weekend ..........
    small , small world !!! :)
  • I recently took delivery of My Super Six 105 Rep from Pauls Cycles in Norwich recently ... what an awesome road bike it is. Chuffed to bits with it ! :D