Smug face

vermin
vermin Posts: 1,739
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Had to laugh this morning. Chelsea tractor driver took umbrage at my presence on the road through clapham/brixton borders. He was so busy beeping his horn and squeezing me into the gutter that he didn't notice that he'd driven straight up the bus filter lane and picked up a £130 fine for his efforts. Ha! :P

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,821
    LikeThisPost.jpg
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    Keep up the good work!
  • Mwa ha ha! Can understand the driver's frustration in that neck of the woods. I and another friend were heading to Morden yesterday (from Forest Hill and West Dulwich respectively). She offered to pick me up and give me a lift (in the car) but I decided to take the bike. We left around the same time. I arrived 30 minutes before her because the traffic was so nose-to-tail down CS7. How do drivers have the patience to sit in that traffic?!?!?
  • poetic justice, lovely
  • Mwa ha ha! Can understand the driver's frustration in that neck of the woods. I and another friend were heading to Morden yesterday (from Forest Hill and West Dulwich respectively). She offered to pick me up and give me a lift (in the car) but I decided to take the bike. We left around the same time. I arrived 30 minutes before her because the traffic was so nose-to-tail down CS7. How do drivers have the patience to sit in that traffic?!?!?
    Pretty much any neck of the woods in London, I've never been beaten to any destination within London by anyone on another form of transport, I've beaten people in cars, buses tubes, trains etc... I always get back home before my other half on the train after a night out
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
    Pretty much any neck of the woods in London, I've never been beaten to any destination within London by anyone on another form of transport, I've beaten people in cars, buses tubes, trains etc... I always get back home before my other half on the train after a night out

well this is old news, proven by those masters of adult education, tolerance and humility in the bike vs car vs boat edition of Top Gear :lol:
  • jay197
    jay197 Posts: 196
    How do drivers have the patience to sit in that traffic?!?!?

because they are too blooming lazy to do any form of exercise :wink:
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    Mwa ha ha! Can understand the driver's frustration in that neck of the woods. I and another friend were heading to Morden yesterday (from Forest Hill and West Dulwich respectively). She offered to pick me up and give me a lift (in the car) but I decided to take the bike. We left around the same time. I arrived 30 minutes before her because the traffic was so nose-to-tail down CS7. How do drivers have the patience to sit in that traffic?!?!?
    You sayin' you get to have a night out, and still get home before the OH ?
    Impressive.
    You'll need to hold onto that in the next couple of decades.