New Guy from Dorset, just saying hello.

Nobby Sideways
Nobby Sideways Posts: 15
edited September 2012 in MTB beginners
Hello!

Back to MTB after a while off it, Looking at Strava it would appear I am well off the pace!

I live in North Dorset on the Dorset/Wiltshire border so there are lots of good trails to explore. Lost my leg a couple of years ago so I struggle with some of the tougher stuff but thats just a matter of needing to get my confidence up I reckon. Bought a cheap but shiny Specialized Hard Rock Disc 2012 to get me back into the swing of things. I love that my hobby combines my geeky engineering side with a desire to be less of a fat basket.

A lot of forums I visit tend to prefer the newbies to introduce themselves: I couldn't see a thread specifically for that (maybe didn't look hard enough) so I hope this isn't in the wrong place.

Cheers,

Nobby.

Comments

• sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    I wouldn't worry lol someone normally posts a sarcastic comment to put you in the rite direction
    Anyway welcome
    I'm from Dorset as well! nice part of the uk but I'm down in Weymouth! i have just started to use strava I got sick an tired of map my ride failing all the time
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • I've been very impressed with Strava. Annoying to see other people are literally 4 times faster than me on certain routes though! :lol:
  • Welcome!
    I found that too, slowly starting to chip away at my times :mrgreen: