Comments

• Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Leyzne would certainly have to be on anybody's shortlist
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Hoopdriver wrote:

e.g. the Pressure Drive: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... p-11-45358

Note that they make this in two sizes - the smaller one will go in an average jersey pocket.
  • I've got a Bontrager Hand-Pump.

Seems to do the trick
  • SPOC
    SPOC Posts: 109
    Blackburn AirStik does the trick for me. Weighs about 60 grams, costs about a tenner, had a blow out the other day and managed about 85 Psi roadside ( I checked the pressure when I got home was curious) and I am the opposite to Popeye, I have mincy arms!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Sportpursuit.co.uk doing the Micro Floor Drive with gauge for £24 as well as other Lezyne pumps - offer expires Monday. This will give you full pressure and great to take in a bike bag too. Generally, the smaller the pump the more useless it becomes.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • thanks all . bought a lezyne mini pump after reading reviews .
  • SPOC wrote:
    Blackburn AirStik does the trick for me. Weighs about 60 grams, costs about a tenner, had a blow out the other day and managed about 85 Psi roadside ( I checked the pressure when I got home was curious) and I am the opposite to Popeye, I have mincy arms!

I have this pump. Banannas small!
    tick - tick - tick
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Generally, the smaller the pump the more useless it becomes.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    a bit late but I like these
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/pumps-pumps-mini-road-topeak-morph-road-with-gauge-mini-pump/topepumr280
    small gauge, will reach presure, easy to use and you dont stress the inertube.
    :D
  • Monty Dog wrote:

I concur. I use a Zefal HPX framefit. I'd happily use a mini-pump if riding a bike I didn't want to put a pump on, but I think prevention is much better than cure anyway.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Monty Dog wrote:

I concur. I use a Zefal HPX framefit. I'd happily use a mini-pump if riding a bike I didn't want to put a pump on, but I think prevention is much better than cure anyway.
    I hav the Zefal HPX on my tourer - fantastic pumps.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I used to have a HPX frame pump, they are sweet. Quite robust too, good for whacking people over the head. Now I have a 'Luma' plastic frame pump which is lighter, and has lasted longer (the metal shaft in the middle of the HPX pump bent slightly)
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Monty Dog wrote:

True.

My superb old Blackburn was a "mini pump" ten years or so ago. It clips beside a bottle and weighs maybe 80g more and is 100mm longer than a current minipump.

But if I'm miles from home I know I can quickly and easily get 100psi into a tyre.

Why settle for a "good enough to get you home" pump if you're several hours from home?
  • Lezyne for me - think it's the road drive medium (the smaller of the two anyway)- genuine mini pump, gets 100psi without too much bother, has a hose connection so you don't damage your valve pumping the tyre up. The only thing that could make it better is if it was cheaper - but it's worth the money as it is. These are so good that I've lent it people on rides and they've gone out and bought their own.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    I too have a lezyne mini pump but certainly on slightly older models there was an issue with unscrewing the pump connection from the valve on some inner tubes with removable valves. The current pumps I think now come with an improved connector that has a pressure release button that should have solved this problem. I got the newer connector from SJSC and it fitted into my older pump fine, so no problems now.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Lezyne for me - think it's the road drive medium (the smaller of the two anyway)- genuine mini pump, gets 100psi without too much bother, has a hose connection so you don't damage your valve pumping the tyre up. The only thing that could make it better is if it was cheaper - but it's worth the money as it is. These are so good that I've lent it people on rides and they've gone out and bought their own.
    too right.. +1
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • RDW wrote:
    Hoopdriver wrote:

e.g. the Pressure Drive: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... p-11-45358

Note that they make this in two sizes - the smaller one will go in an average jersey pocket.

I have the smaller one of these and it's excellent.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    Lezyne for me - think it's the road drive medium (the smaller of the two anyway)- genuine mini pump, gets 100psi without too much bother, has a hose connection so you don't damage your valve pumping the tyre up. The only thing that could make it better is if it was cheaper - but it's worth the money as it is. These are so good that I've lent it people on rides and they've gone out and bought their own.
    too right.. +1
    +2
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • I have had a topeak mini pump for a few years now.. always worked well, but yes, it takes about 300 shots to get a 23 mm tyre to a rideable pressure
    left the forum March 2023