Nodding off at work

signs
signs Posts: 17
edited September 2012 in Commuting general
HI
DOES ANYONE GET THAT FRIDAY AFTERNOON FELLING AFTER RIDING IN TO WORK EVERY DAY
THAT YOU SIT THEIR IN FRONT OF SCREEN AND JUST NOD OFF, JUST TO BE WOKE UP ABOUT A FEW SECONDS LATER BY THE PHONE GOING OR SOMEONE IN THE OFFICE TALKING TOO YOU,
MAY BE IT'S JUST ME :o

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Did you doze off onto the caps lock?

Biking keeps me awake. It's when I'm driving home that I sometimes need to pull into a layby and doze for 10 or 15 minutes.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I only fall asleep at work on days with a Y in them
  • signs
    signs Posts: 17
    IT MUST BE MY AGE I CAN ONLY WRITE IN CAPITALS, NOW IT SEEM I ONLY TYPE IN CAPS AS WELL
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    signs wrote:
    YOU SIT THEIR IN FRONT OF SCREEN AND JUST NOD OFF
    Luxury.

I get to work and have to stand all day for a 9 hour shift behind a counter, being interrupted by idiots. And customers too.

:(
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • What you need is the Nap Calculator to find the best time for a 'Gentlemans Hour'
    --
    Saw a sign on a restaurant that said Breakfast, any time -- so I ordered French Toast in the Renaissance.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    That's what coffee & kit kats are for.....
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Interesting thread, because this week I heard snoring from a cubical in the Gents at work. In 30 years of working I've seen people fall asleep at their desks, in meetings, in the car at lunch time but never before on the WC !!!

First time for everything I guess :)

A
    Alistair

Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
    Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
    Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
    Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
    Mountain Bike - Sold them all....
  • I miss my old lab job. A quick kip is never going to happen for a chef. Or if it does, it'll be slapsticktastic.
  • I usually eat my lunch beside my desk in the work ... and when I've been cycling I have been known to doze off during my lunch hour for about 15-30 minutes.
  • signs wrote:
    IT MUST BE MY AGE I CAN ONLY WRITE IN CAPITALS, NOW IT SEEM I ONLY TYPE IN CAPS AS WELL

Read The Rules
    3) Use proper English, do not use 'txt tlk'. Do NOT post messages all in caps.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I generally feel much more awake all day and need less sleep when I'm cycling than when I'm not......go figure.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jonomc4 wrote:
    I only fall asleep at work on days with a Y in them

Something tells me I know what you are talking about...