Polar Heart Rate products - outstanding service

stovesym
stovesym Posts: 38
edited September 2012 in The cake stop
Nowadays we seem to use the web to complain about pooor service, but I'd like to share an outstanding customer service experience. After nearly 3 years use, my Polar cycle computer & HRM stopped giving correct heart rate readings & then heart rate just stopped working. Changing the battery didnt work, so i contacted Polar & here's what happened;
- firstly, their UK head office number is easy to find on the web & there's no long phone menu to get to a real person. Refreshing
- secondly, they just said 'bring it in, we'll take a look at it'. Ideal for me as i work close to their offices in Leamington
- i called at 10am & by 1pm (they work across lunchtime) i was in the building. A very nice technician took the item & i waited no more than 20 mins
- he then returned the item to me saying the strap was worn out & they'd provided a new one, free of charge (retail cost about £15 to replace)
For an item thats well out of guarantee and that gets a lot of 'wear & tear' i'd say this was amazing
so well done Polar, you have a true convert & loyal customer

Comments

• bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    Care to put their number out here? I have a RS800 of which the strap broke for the second time in a few months
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    Good to hear - my CS200 has packed up after about 9 months. It has gone dead, changed the battery to no avail but I think it has somehow got wet inside. Unfortunately, the box which I had kept got thrown out by the wife a few days before the computer blew up!
  • 01926 310330
    no big secret, you can google it