Petition: For Pat McQuaid to resign & UCI Cleaned Up

sylvanus
sylvanus Posts: 1,125
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Could you all try to sign the petition here:

"World Cycling Organization UCI: For president Pat McQuaid to resign and cycling to be cleaned up"

http://tinyurl.com/PatMusgGoPetition

and pass on to as many people as you know - tweet, facebook, the lot! Thanks - Oh and once you've signed could you mention you've done so here to keep this post high / sticky on the board?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Who are you going to replace him with? Or is this one of those ill thought out 'topple the leader' plans that George Bush was fond of? I believe the most mentioned alternative was some sort world league headed by Johan Bruyneel.

You must be able to present a credible alternative first. (Almost every European country that toppled a monarchy had an extremist dictator within twenty years.)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • sylvanus
    Its not my petition - think it started in Australia - I'm just supporting it. I think either David Millar or Paul Kimmage would be my candidates
  • RichN95.
    sylvanus wrote:
    Its not my petition - think it started in Australia - I'm just supporting it. I think either David Millar or Paul Kimmage would be my candidates
    They are just the dumb sort of answers I would expect.

Now a question about this petition. It was started on the Cycling News forum by someone who registered just last month. Given that that forum has been up in arms the last couple of days about a forum user using underhand methods to find out true identities, why are you all in such a hurry to fall for the same scam a second time?
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    sylvanus wrote:
    I think either David Millar or Paul Kimmage would be my candidates

"lol"
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I always roll my eyes when I see a petition.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    iainf72 wrote:
    I always roll my eyes when I see a petition.

Steady on, iain - if we're going to change things for the better, let's just pull a back and think for a moment before going down such a violent course of action...

Can I suggest a quiet yet firm "tut"?
  • sylvanus
    Now a question about this petition. It was started on the Cycling News forum by someone who registered just last month. Given that that forum has been up in arms the last couple of days about a forum user using underhand methods to find out true identities, why are you all in such a hurry to fall for the same scam a second time?

Lord above - Are you Reg? Navel-gazing conspiracy theorist....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawagQ6lLrA
  • iainf72
    sylvanus wrote:

Lord above - Are you Reg? Navel-gazing conspiracy theorist....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YawagQ6lLrA

Have you read the Papp thread?
  • kinda amusingly Daniel Benson's asking for his name to be removed from the petition, inferring that he didnt sign it
  • iainf72
    He stated he didn't sign it.
  • sylvanus
    It does look as though someone has been signing up the names of people who have quietly expressed support but for understandable reasons of professional self-preservation, don't want to be seen to sign. I think these 'ghost' signatures have now been removed.
  • RichN95.
    sylvanus wrote:
    It does look as though someone has been signing up the names of people who have quietly expressed support but for understandable reasons of professional self-preservation, don't want to be seen to sign. I think these 'ghost' signatures have now been removed.
    Good. It would be terrible for the integrity and credibility of an internet petition to be compromised. It would run the risk of making e-petitions completely worthless.
  • hmmm....devil's advocate here for a moment...so its fine for the cyling media to be calling for riders to speak out against the UCI...but wouldnt want their own professional self-preservation threatened?
  • iainf72
    hmmm....devil's advocate here for a moment...so its fine for the cyling media to be calling for riders to speak out against the UCI...but wouldnt want their own professional self-preservation threatened?

Dan Benson's point was he didn't sign it. So his name shouldn't be on it. If you read his interview with Hein his card is marked.
  • sylvanus
    To be fair, I wouldn't sign if it threatened my livelihood - its obvious that you tangle with the Dons of Cycling at some personal risk - thats why its lardy ex-racers and fans like me doing the petition. The loss of my UCI license (4th Cat!) would not probably cost me much
  • sylvanus
    The petition seems to be gradually mounting 325 signatures so far but more gratefully received. If you think the UCI needs serious reform then click here:

http://chn.ge/Q2dfwt
  • There's only one guy in cycling whose been kicking ass in cycling for the last 15 years .....................but it ain'g gonna happen..................