adjusting the sag

jeannot18
jeannot18 Posts: 720
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
On a fox 32 performance talas FIT RL. Just received my Canyon Nerve 7 AM second hand, and I am trying to workout how to adjust the sag. I have read some of the Fox instruction, and watched a few videos. I have the fork at the 150mm setup, so 25% of that I should have a sag of 37.5mm. The pressure was initially setup at 100PSI, I am now down to 60 PSI and the sag don't increase much. Before I go any further, could anybody tell me if I am doing something wrong. Thanks
PS: This is my first full sus bike, so bear with me, thanks
JC
Pédale ou crève
Specialized Elite Allez with 105
Rockrider 8.1 : )

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    are you in your normal riding position? with full kt on? or just sat on the saddle?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    are you in your normal riding position? with full kt on? or just sat on the saddle?

Yes, backpack with water in, only difference is I am wearing jeans instead of my shorts, the only thing that could affect the setup is that I don't have received my new pedals, but I am putting my feet up and on the crancks. I could always remove my old pedals from my HT if this is the issue. I am around 75.5kg, + my kit, what the pressure should be more or less? Surely 60 PSI is quite low, or am I wrong?
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • Just found this page:
    http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_c ... AS_RL.html
    I am going to setup the fork to 70PSI, as the table says, and will see on how the bike react on tomorrow's ride.
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • Thid may sound simple but, make sure you don't have the shock in the locked position !
  • tc3nitro wrote:
    Thid may sound simple but, make sure you don't have the shock in the locked position !
    No they are not :D
    JC
    Pédale ou crève