Evans Ride It, organised ride...

hixstar
hixstar Posts: 23
edited September 2012 in Road general
Anyone done one? Thinking of doing a 60 mile one next weekend. Just wondered what they are like? Never done anything organised before.

Comments

• siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    Did a 70 odd mile one round Cannock Chase, it was well signed, lots of grub at the feed stations, chip timed and a few free goodies. There were a couple of weird road selections, like country lanes that are only really used by tractors so usually covered in mud but nothing much to grumble about.
  • Nice one thanks, I haven't been riding long, think I might give it a go. Just worried it will be all experienced riders, rather than not so like me.
  • hixstar wrote:
    Anyone done one? Thinking of doing a 60 mile one next weekend. Just wondered what they are like? Never done anything organised before.

There's already a thread for this in the Tours, Sportives and Organised Rides section....

viewtopic.php?f=40007&t=12875524

I'm doing the Evans Sportive next weekend at Biggin Hill (30 miles), Cliddesden (50 miles) on 11th Nov, and Dorking (60 miles) on 2nd Dec.
  • Ah nice one, did have a little search, but obviously not good enough. Yeah think I'm gonna go for the 60 miler. Will be my longest ride to date!!
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    Give it a go mate!

The other good thing was that there were a few vans round the course, so if you have a major mechanical issue or decide you've had enough and want a lift back to the car park, the option is there.
  • Finished the Cake Quest today.

Got lost on one part of the route as someone had taken down/moved the route marker so had to do another 3.2 miles to get back on-route, so did 40.7 miles overall.

Great route, and great scenery, the rain ruined it a bit as it was raining cats and dogs all day, but nevertheless was still a good day out, highly recommended to anyone who wants to take part in Cake Quest 2013.

This is the route I did here if anyone wants to check it out:

http://app.strava.com/rides/22878637