Embarrassing....

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
So I jumped on the bike this morning for the ride into work and immediately noticed the seat felt weird. It felt bumpy like something was sticking out of it. I stopped to have a look and couldn't see anything so carried on and thought I would have a proper look when I arrived at the office.

I carried on as usual, passed a load of nodders etc etc then eventually got to the junction of Jamaica Road and Southwark Park Road and was cycling across when I suddenly felt something move and drop out of the leg of my shorts... I looked back and saw yesterday's boxers lying in the middle of the road behind me... The nodders behind me were all swerving round them...

It suddenly dawned on me what the lump on my saddle had been, I'd whipped off my shorts and undies the day before and jumped in the shower and not taken the time to disentangle them from each other, then I'd simply put the shorts back on this morning with the aforementioned underwear still tangled up inside...

Whoops! Thank god I wasn't wearing the novelty pair....
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• Boxers? Under Lycra? Are you mad? :shock:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Go commando HH! After a couple of rides feeling a bit naked you won't look back (as there will be no errant pants on the road to look at).

Odd question, do girls go commando under shorts? I told my wife men do, but she can't bring herself to do it. She has some proper padded shorts.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Boxers? Under Lycra? Are you mad? :shock:

I usually wear baggies over lycra but as I was going home yesterday via the gym I didn't bother with the lycra so it was boxers and baggies only....
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    HH that is not embarrassing, that is frankly astonishing! Weird lump? Weird lump??? You fail to detect something the size of a wadded up pair of boxers in your lycra??

From the rear you must have resembled a potato smuggler....

And anyway, boxers under lycra? Ew with a capital Ew...
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • SimonAH wrote:
    HH that is not embarrassing, that is frankly astonishing! Weird lump? Weird lump??? You fail to detect something the size of a wadded up pair of boxers in your lycra??

Yeah well I was running late and didn't have the time to stop by the side of the road to feel myself up to work out what it was... I didn't wear lycra last night, it was simply baggies over boxers, I was goin to the gym on the way home so left the lycra off
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Lucky they didnt get caught on the back wheel and flicked up into someones face behind you
  • The nodders behind me were all swerving round them...

Skidmarks?
  • Paul E wrote:
    Lucky they didnt get caught on the back wheel and flicked up into someones face behind you

That would've been funny!
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    pangolin wrote:
    ... do girls go commando under shorts? ...
    Well, having riden a few miles, and in the interests of science :oops:, I would say it's about 60:40 in favour of commando.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    SimonAH wrote:

Yeah well I was running late and didn't have the time to stop by the side of the road to feel myself up to work out what it was... I didn't wear lycra last night, it was simply baggies over boxers, I was goin to the gym on the way home so left the lycra off

Aaah, poor readage on my part, it was the hidden-pachyderm's post that made me think you were wearing lycra. Baggies I can understand (I could smuggle immigrants in my Gore baggies).
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    ....but did you go back for them?

Could be a cunning weapon to use against those taking a cheeky tow?
  • The nodders behind me were all swerving round them...

Skidmarks?

They were black so no skids visible...
  • PBo wrote:

Yes I did! Stopped by the side of the road, waited for the traffic to stop and dashed back...
  • Paul E
    PBo wrote:

You could have a "deploy used kegs" button on the bars
  • It must have looked as though you had crapped your pants to all (including motorists) who saw you. I think this is worse than your first thought OP.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Bustacapp wrote:
    It must have looked as though you had crapped your pants to all (including motorists) who saw you. I think this is worse than your first thought OP.
    I thought that was going to be the gist of this thread after the "Don't do it" thread.
  • Paul E
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    It must have looked as though you had crapped your pants to all (including motorists) who saw you. I think this is worse than your first thought OP.
    I thought that was going to be the gist of this thread after the "Don't do it" thread.

If he had been wearing them the seams would have probably melted
  • Yesterday I could've torched anything withing 6 foot of my ass but thankfully things are more or less back to normal again now....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    So I jumped on the bike this morning for the ride into work and immediately noticed the seat felt weird. It felt bumpy like something was sticking out of it. I stopped to have a look and couldn't see anything so carried on and thought I would have a proper look when I arrived at the office.

I carried on as usual, passed a load of nodders etc etc then eventually got to the junction of Jamaica Road and Southwark Park Road and was cycling across when I suddenly felt something move and drop out of the leg of my shorts... I looked back and saw yesterday's boxers lying in the middle of the road behind me... The nodders behind me were all swerving round them...

It suddenly dawned on me what the lump on my saddle had been, I'd whipped off my shorts and undies the day before and jumped in the shower and not taken the time to disentangle them from each other, then I'd simply put the shorts back on this morning with the aforementioned underwear still tangled up inside...

So it wasn't a hamster?
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Nearly spat my coffee over the screen reading the first post. I could just see the shock on the fellow cyclists - bit like throwing tacks down at them.

Is this a new SCR tactic - chucking used undies down to stop the chasers ?
  • "fossyant wrote:

Is this a new SCR tactic - chucking used undies down to stop the chasers ?

maybe he's seen tom jones on the corner and thought have this :wink:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • Blimey, its been quite a week for you HH.

Used under crackers after your hot chicken experience....not pretty. This is like MarioKart.
  • So I jumped on the bike this morning for the ride into work and immediately noticed the seat felt weird. It felt bumpy like something was sticking out of it. I stopped to have a look and couldn't see anything so carried on and thought I would have a proper look when I arrived at the office.

So it wasn't a hamster?
    No! I'm not that kind of guy...
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    ToeKnee wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    ... do girls go commando under shorts? ...
    Well, having riden a few miles, and in the interests of science :oops:, I would say it's about 60:40 in favour of commando.

and is it true that the ones that don't do it are known as panty ho's?
    FCN = 4