red light

signs
signs Posts: 17
edited September 2012 in Commuting general
on the way to work this morning on my normal route 10 miles, riding up to some traffic lights which are red, every car at all the lights has stopped as they are just about to go green so carry on riding passed all the cars and through the lights, about 200 yards up the road some bloke in a mini clubman comes along side me leaning across his mrs shouting abuse out of the window, i mean this is more dangerous than what i just done

Comments

• mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    if you went through the lights on red you deserve all the abuse you get
    Colnago Addict!
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    signs wrote:
    on the way to work this morning on my normal route 10 miles, riding up to some traffic lights which are red, every car at all the lights has stopped as they are just about to go green so carry on riding passed all the cars and through the lights, about 200 yards up the road some bloke in a mini clubman comes along side me leaning across his mrs shouting abuse out of the window, i mean this is more dangerous than what i just done

So what?
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    mrdsgs wrote:
    if you went through the lights on red you deserve all the abuse you get
    +1
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Trolololol

Don't go through red lights.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    but did you pull a wheelie as you went through them?
  • signs
    signs Posts: 17
    ok ok i've been very naughty it wont happen again
  • This hasn't turned out how you planned has it?
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    19692d1320857459-mw3-pc-release-not-sure-if-trolling-just-stupid.jpg

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    signs wrote:

I was that bloke in the Clubman and I was just shouting how much I liked your fixie but that pink wasn't your colour.....that's all.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So you willfully commited a criminal offence and don't like it when it's pointed out to you, I guess you'd be cool and not say a word while I beat the crap out of you then?

I was behind passout in his Clubman, was ready to shout as well but he did such a good job I didn't bother.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Ffs you should know better, only run a red light while there is high speed traffic crossing from the left. I :rolleyes:
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • You commited one of the most heinous cycling crimes known to mankind. You might as well have stuck your bare arse through his open window and asked his wife to lick your glowing red anus.

Seriously, thats how bad it was.

As every good motorist knows, you only jump red lights when they've just changed to red, parping the car through with your foot on the floor so you're doing fifty by the time you clear the junction is perfectly acceptable.