Firstbus Manchester complaint response

msmancunia
msmancunia Posts: 1,415
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Had a bit of a rant in the rant thread a couple of weeks ago after one of the Firstbus drivers kept cutting me up and then gave me the finger on my way to work. Normally shrug these sorts of incidents off, but he nearly knocked me off twice so I complained on their online form and this response arrived this morning;

Dear MsM

I write in response to your email reporting the poor driving displayed by one of our driving staff on the 67 bus service on Chapel Street towards Salford Crescent on 3 September.

Firstly, may I say that I was shocked to learn of this incident and I am in full agreement that his behaviour was totally innappropriate. The actions described by you were totally unacceptable and as such, I can confirm that the driver has been indentified and a formal interview arranged as per company procedures to discuss the incident using the information you have provided. Our own CCTV footage will also be viewed to aid our investigation.

We operate 750 buses in the Greater Manchester area and these are operated by some 1650 drivers. I can assure you that this incident is not representative of the Company, the vast majority of whom do everything they can to represent the Company in a professional manner.

I very much hope that you find this letter of assurance that we have taken this matter very seriously. Please accept my sincerely apologies for this regrettable incident, and if you encounter any further problems please do not hesitate to contact First.

Yours sincerely blah blah

Hope they throw the book at him because apart from the finger I got, he was driving like a nutter. If the CCTV in the driver's cab was on, would be interesting if it showed him flipping me the bird....
Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity

Comments

• I've ceased going upto the cab and giving bus/coach drivers a "right telling off" since I found out they have CCTV in cabin :lol:

You did right, record and report.
    Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young
  • Will you follow up to actually find out? I've tried this a couple of times and once actually got confirmation that cctv was on. The other times I was sytmied at the standard letter stage, of expressed shock and sympathy for the incident at insert date here. I'm busier these days.
  • msmancunia
    Will you follow up to actually find out? I've tried this a couple of times and once actually got confirmation that cctv was on. The other times I was sytmied at the standard letter stage, of expressed shock and sympathy for the incident at insert date here. I'm busier these days.

Did actually check with ex-b/f who works for GMPTE today - apparently cab CCTV is always on because they get so much abuse from passengers. The poor loves....
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Here's hoping!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • msmancunia wrote:
    Will you follow up to actually find out? I've tried this a couple of times and once actually got confirmation that cctv was on. The other times I was sytmied at the standard letter stage, of expressed shock and sympathy for the incident at insert date here. I'm busier these days.

Did actually check with ex-b/f who works for GMPTE today - apparently cab CCTV is always on because they get so much abuse from passengers. The poor loves....

is this just a long-winded ruse to get back with your ex?

I've done similar things with an ex who was a dentist and I got a mate to hit me in the mouth with a hammer.

It gets better with time.
  • Yes I hope at the very least said bus driver has a crap day. An "oh no, its the angel of death from HR" sort of a day.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia wrote:

is this just a long-winded ruse to get back with your ex?

I've done similar things with an ex who was a dentist and I got a mate to hit me in the mouth with a hammer.

It gets better with time.

Noooo! We only swap texts every now and again along the lines of "did you see the City match last night" type of thing. He was far too quiet for me.

I'm ashamed to admit that one of the only reasons I went out with him was because he was 6ft7 and I have a bit of a thing about height. :oops: Found out that height and personality don't always go together....
  • I'll put the kettle on
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    I'll put the kettle on
    Will that make you 6'8"?

IGMC