Bib Shorts

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Are all bib shorts padded?

and is it ok to wear shorts 'albeit really skimpy running ones ' over them...

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    No not all are padded.

No need to put anything over them either, they are designed to reduce chafing etc. which you could negate by doing so.

Also the type of pad really makes a difference, the cheap ones are just false economy.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • There are unpadded bibshorts, but not sure why you would want them?

Similarly with the running shorts, why do you want to wear them? Bibshorts are all you need on your bottom half, why the need for another pair of shorts on top? :?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789

You could, but it'll look ridiculous.

(not as ridiculous as the guy I saw a few weeks back wearing short, baggy running shorts that looked more like a mini skirt when he was cycling!)
    More problems but still living....
  • to hide my massive **** when i stop off at a garage or shop for refreshments....! just wondered really as i see people doing it, at least i think i do.

bobtbuilder, did i say i wanted them?! and did i say there was any need for other shorts...just a simple question, doesnt need psycho analysing... i just wondered as didnt want to buy something advertised as bib shorts then find out they were not padded...if padding was standard they wouldnt be described specifaclly as 'padded' at retailers, so i could potentially have bought the wrong stuff..now i know they are not all padded, i know to buy only those specifically described as padded.

currently i ride in 'football' shorts just normal adidas, fairly short sports shorts, but will be moving onto full on lycra soon.

thanks for the responses.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    buy black ones rather than white ones, the see through look doesn't really suit anyone.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • smidsy
    to hide my massive **** when i stop off at a garage or shop for refreshments....!

Can you spot any correlation between these :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • .......!
  • Are all bib shorts padded?

Get padded ones, don't be self-conscious if you've got a bountiful bottom and wear them on their own with NO undies!
    t4tomo wrote:
    buy black ones rather than white ones, the see through look doesn't really suit anyone.

I diasgree, I think white bib-shorts on women look rather fetching I must say...

:wink:
  • BlakeysFC wrote:

Get padded ones, don't be self-conscious if you've got a bountiful bottom and wear them on their own with NO undies!

Beg my ignorance but I thought you wouldn't wear undies with bib shorts? I always wear shorts on top on my cycling shorts. Not really up for just wearing lycra.
  • smidsy
    Correct padded bib shorts = commando.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • exactly.

the pads do the job of hiding anything.....rude. and i dont know about you, but i have never...lets say....begun lift off, while biking, the blood needs to go to other muscles, my body knows its priorities :D
    Bikes: CAAD8 105, CAAD10 105.
  • smidsy wrote:
    to hide my massive **** when i stop off at a garage or shop for refreshments....!

Can you spot any correlation between these :lol:

Depends what is meant by **** - could be just bragging!
  • Wear baggy MTB waterproof shorts under the bibs... Trust me, you will look wicked....
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    BlakeysFC wrote:
    I diasgree, I think white bib-shorts on women look rather fetching I must say...

:wink:
    You're telling me, I had ridden 3 extra miles before I realised I had missed my turn :oops:
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava