Kore OCD Handlebars

leaflite
leaflite Posts: 1,651
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know where to get these from?
The only place I can find is CRC, and they dont have any in stock.

Thanks

Comments

• leaflite
    No-one?
    Im really struggling to source any anywhere. Could anyone suggest any alternatives of 740 ish width(i planned to cut the above down) and of similar weight and cost?

Thanks
  • What do they weigh and how much do they cost?!
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • leaflite
    £50, 285g for a 800mm width
  • 2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • Ps the grey Kore OCDs are in stock at this moment.
    2011 Carrera Fury

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    They're £50 now?! They were £30 when they first came out, lucky I managed to grab a set.

Honestly I don't think there is anything that comes close to the same weight and price for the width. It's obvious how they have done it, they are extremely thin at the very ends (by that I mean it was a lot lot easier to cut through them than the Torsion's). There definitely wasn't anything that came close at £30, maybe there is a £50 but that Easton Haven bar isn't it, it's too narrow for one. Don't think they aren't stiff though, they feel stiffer than my old Pro Atherton's and just as stiff as the Torsion's and they should be strong, don't let the very thin walls worry you, they taper into thicker walls very quickly, I only cut mine down to 780 and the walls had already got a lot thicker.

So with that in mind can your current bars tide you over until they come back in stock? I don't think I would buy any other bars now, even at £50, unless I was getting carbon bars. Or you could try and find the distributor (I think it's Decade Europe from a quick google) and see if your LBS can order from them.
  • leaflite
    Thanks
    I was thinking the same about not being able to find anything close for the money. Just out of interest, do they come in at the claimed weight? My LBS sells commencal, which are also from decade europe iirc, so i might give them a try.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I haven't a clue if they come in at the claimed weight I'm afraid, like I say I've already cut them down to 780 so wouldn't be a true test, that and I've helitaped them to preserve the shininess.

They definitely feel light and felt a fair bit lighter than the Torsion's but that doesn't translate into numbers.