Food for a 3 hour cycle........

blablablacksheep
blablablacksheep Posts: 1,377
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Ok im lying its 3 hour cycle to no-where on a static bike for charity :)

but seriously though what should i eat/snack on for this 3 hour ride??...ow yer its at 04:30am in the morning :P

I allready have some beer in my camelbak, will it be ok or taste funny?
London2Brighton Challange 100k!
http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners

Comments

• Ok im lying its 3 hour cycle to no-where on a static bike for charity :)

but seriously though what should i eat/snack on for this 3 hour ride??...ow yer its at 04:30am in the morning :P

The Beer will taste fine going in, it wont taste so good when you throw it up again! I always find wine gums are an extremely good source of energy, and some water with electrolytes in. Have a banana as you are going, and some porridge before you start. Hell, as its static you could have jam sarnies while pedalling. A feat that is somewhat harder ou on the road.

Good luck
  • getprg
    getprg Posts: 245
    at that time of night 4 pints of lager and a curry
  • I hope you've raised a fair bit fella, I've done three hours plus on a turbo and it's absolutely mind numbing and your @rse gets sore as well.

All the best.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Ok im lying its 3 hour cycle to no-where on a static bike for charity :)

The Beer will taste fine going in, it wont taste so good when you throw it up again! I always find wine gums are an extremely good source of energy, and some water with electrolytes in. Have a banana as you are going, and some porridge before you start. Hell, as its static you could have jam sarnies while pedalling. A feat that is somewhat harder ou on the road.

Good luck

Never mind sarnies he could have pie, chips, mushy peas and gravy :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.