another newbie, with a lesson to be learned!

hirdylloydy
hirdylloydy Posts: 6
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all,

long time lurker, first time poster. Ive been riding for about 4 months after a friend convinced me to gice it a try. I bought a scott cr1 comp and have fallen in love with the sport. Since about 1 week into cycling i have known that i wanted a scott foil, after reading the bike radar review, i was a touch worried in regards to the so called harshness of the ride that the mag claimed. The same mag had said the cr1 comp was a smooth ride and great for long rides. Well, i bit the bullet and took delivery of a 2012 scott foil 20 yesterday. After riding the bike today i am absolutelty blown away by it, so fast, i was beating my strava segments by 20 - 30 seconds and had 8 pbs through 8 segments. The ride felt smooth and assured, much more so than the cr1, so am very surprised after reading reviews claiming a harsh ride. I am totally blown away by this bike and would advise everyone to not let reviews be the total deciding factor in bike purchases. I nearly didnt get my dream bike because of some reviews, boy am i glad i tried it for myself.

Comments