COVE STD or Mongoose Nugget ?

JamesLee
JamesLee Posts: 5
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm starting a new build an I've found both a COVE STD and Mongoose Nugget for abound the same price, not had either of these brands before so just wondering if people had any advice before I starting splashing.

Cheers !

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    They're both totally different bikes - the STD is a big freeride bike, the Nugget is a smaller AM/play bike.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Thanks, it's quite open terrain around here not many harsh tracks so the mongoose will probably lose out there.
  • Both would be terrible for what you want. If anything the Mongoose would be slightly less bad than the Mongoose
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Both would be terrible for what you want. If anything the Mongoose would be slightly less bad than the Mongoose

re-read what you wrote please :wink::lol:
  • welshkev wrote:
    Both would be terrible for what you want. If anything the Mongoose would be slightly less bad than the Mongoose

re-read what you wrote please :wink::lol:

I see my mistake!
    The Mongoose will be less bad than the Cove
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    What do you want to do with it? They're both good bikes, just suited for different types of riding. The Mongoose seems like a nice little all mountain type bike - Chris Akrigg uses one, and does silly things on it!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • The STD would be great if you are hucking off stuff and fooling about - STD = skinnies, trannies and drops which gives you an idea of its intended use!

If you want to pedal it anywhere, better get to the gym.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    STD = skinnies, trannies and drops

I thought this was a bike forum? Penicillin might help.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools