Just out of hospital

2»

Comments

• DIESELDOG wrote:
    JF, GWS, nasty nasty footballers, poke em in the eye with a needle. Complete with camel...

DM1985 WTF is that heading towards your right ankle? The tentacle of death? And for the love of god, if you going to post pics of your grundies, (complete with cooling system) ask me for mine. Much more attractive.

Love n hugs

DD
    Haha it's my belt and that was my student house while it was clean!!
  • johnfinch wrote:
    252588_446854532025179_1255162789_n.jpg

was this pic taken with a "Knob-cam"?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    No. It wasn't. That's a silly idea. Shame on you for having it.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    *huge Bunneh hugs!

Get well soon fella!
  • johnfinch wrote:
    252588_446854532025179_1255162789_n.jpg

was this pic taken with a "Knob-cam"?

Taken with the 'snake-eye' lens no doubt
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • finchy
    Something I forgot to mention - I shared a ward with a senile old man who did a poo on the floor next to my bed and urinated next to another.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    ...if you going to post pics of your grundies, (complete with cooling system) ask me for mine. Much more attractive.

Love n hugs

DD

Mmmm :D Can I have a look at your 'Grundies' DD ? F*ck it, no one else is asking. I'm not a Gynaecologist, but i'll have a good look.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ow. Bad luck. Been there, done that - mine was worse, and Nap D's was worse than mine, we survived as will you. And your brain will slow down soon so you'll not be so bored. The worst is over with quite quickly, you'll be glad to hear, and before long you'll be functional again. from 0-75% recovery is quite quick. 75% - 100% takes ages. Thank heavens you have supportive family and an understanding employer.

Get well soon, and good luck with the baby.
  • finchy
    Thanks, sljane. I'm really looking forward to being able to put weight on my left ankle again. It will make all the difference when I can get a decent night's kip.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,586
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    ...if you going to post pics of your grundies, (complete with cooling system) ask me for mine. Much more attractive.

Love n hugs

DD

Mmmm :D Can I have a look at your 'Grundies' DD ? F*ck it, no one else is asking. I'm not a Gynaecologist, but i'll have a good look.

Nor me but I'm an enthusiastic amateur.
  • pinno
    Pross wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Nor me but I'm an enthusiastic amateur.

Is this where we both break into a chorus of "Why are we waiting" ?

You see Finchy, if you wanted the female touch and a bit of TLC, you should have posted on Mumsnet.com.

Slowlanejane didn't quite give you the whole picture though - the last 25% is effing murder and all I hope is that you own a set of rollers - not a turbo trainer, when you get going again. On the bright side, looks like you won't need those clipless pedals, you've got all the scaffolding you need - just short of two dustbin lids and hey presto; ready made bike.
  • still no nurses norks. :?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Shiiiiiiiiit ! Looks nasty ! I'd suggest some online retail therapy to speed your recovery.
    Get well !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • finchy
    Slowlanejane didn't quite give you the whole picture though - the last 25% is effing murder and all I hope is that you own a set of rollers - not a turbo trainer, when you get going again. On the bright side, looks like you won't need those clipless pedals, you've got all the scaffolding you need - just short of two dustbin lids and hey presto; ready made bike.

Yes I do. Can't wait to get back on it. Only another 5-7 weeks until the scaffolding comes off.

Until then, how much sleep can I get by with? At the moment I'm getting about 2 hours a night. How long will it be until I die?
  • finchy
    MattC59 wrote:
    Shiiiiiiiiit ! Looks nasty ! I'd suggest some online retail therapy to speed your recovery.
    Get well !

Just got a £2000 pay cheque on my bank account. Hmmmmm, what can I put that to?
  • MattC59
    johnfinch wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Get well !

If you send it to me I'll help to spend it !
  • johnfinch wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Get well !

....see my post on page 1, that should do it.....
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    johnfinch wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Get well !

Pictures of nurses' norks surely
  • pinno
    johnfinch wrote:

Yes I do. Can't wait to get back on it. Only another 5-7 weeks until the scaffolding comes off.

Until then, how much sleep can I get by with? At the moment I'm getting about 2 hours a night. How long will it be until I die?

2 hours a night, you lucky basket! get a new born baby.

As far as the insomnia goes, you have transient or acute insomnia not too be confused for the chronic variety.
    It will be at least 7 months of prolonged insomnia before you get seriously impaired function whilst awake.
    If it gets too much, take a trip to Glasgow in a comfortable taxi (your £2k will cover it) and I have an ex college mate who did pharmaceutical studies before crashing out due experimentation with certain by products of his well meaning studies.
    When you get there, he will ask you the following questions. Make sure you answer them correctly or you may experience some turbulence:
    Do you want to fly ?
    Do you want to see the stars ?
    Do you want to see great big Octopii with green spots and wellingtons ? etc etc

Good luck, his name is Calvin Montgomery Rangers FC Campbell Menzies McDuff otherwise known as 'Bob'.
  • MattC59
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    JF, GWS, nasty nasty footballers, poke em in the eye with a needle. Complete with camel...

DM1985 WTF is that heading towards your right ankle? The tentacle of death? And for the love of god, if you going to post pics of your grundies, (complete with cooling system) ask me for mine. Much more attractive.

Love n hugs

DD

Can we have a pic of you in your undies then (OMAHB won't mind if you don't tell him :wink: )
  • finchy
    Hooray! Just back from a check-up on my leg and the doctor says that I can now lay my leg flat at night instead of leaving my ankle dangling in the air. Massive relief, really looking forward to getting a decent night's sleep tonight.

Knowing my luck, this is when little Baby Finch will make his way into the world.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    MattC59 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Can we have a pic of you in your undies then (OMAHB won't mind if you don't tell him :wink: )

Hun, he takes the pictures. I'm bendy, but not that bendy!!!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • finchy
    Just back out of hospital... where my son was born today.

:D:) 8)
  • Congratulations! I'll know what it feels like in about 2 weeks