Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

CiB in a shameful confession shocker.

Frank the tankFrank the tank Posts: 6,806
edited September 2012 in The bottom bracket
In the Beginners section he admitted he actually climbed off his bike 'cos the hill was a killer. :oops:

No offence meant fella it's just my way of asking HAVE YOU EVER GOT OFF TO PUSH YOUR BIKE UP A HILL?

Personally I haven't had to yet but I dare bet there will be a first time, for whatever reason.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Posts

  • CiBCiB Posts: 6,098
    Ha. I was on day one of a long weekend pass out doing three consecutive 100 mile days, 50 miles in I come across that beast at Streatley. Walk? I nearly thumbed a lift.

    I bet most of you have too at some time. :wink:
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 16,014
    But it was a 5! :lol:

    I'll come clean though - I have got off and walked once. But it was Hardknott on the Fred. I'm damned if I'll let anything less than a 10 beat me!

    But it's OK. They're a bit soft and fluffy down there.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • random manrandom man Posts: 1,514
    CiB wrote:
    Ha. I was on day one of a long weekend pass out doing three consecutive 100 mile days, 50 miles in I come across that beast at Streatley. Walk? I nearly thumbed a lift.

    I bet most of you have too at some time. :wink:

    Hardly a beast, was it you who confused that cat in Essex for a lion?
  • graeme_s-2graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Gun Hill on the the Tour of Britain Pro Ride a few years ago. It kicks up, then flattens out 3 times. When I got to the top of the first bit and saw the next two bits I just went "censored it" and got off. Walked up the middle incline, then got back on and rode the 3rd. I rode all the way up the following year, so I think that makes it ok!
  • nevmannevman Posts: 1,611
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Gun Hill on the the Tour of Britain Pro Ride a few years ago. It kicks up, then flattens out 3 times. When I got to the top of the first bit and saw the next two bits I just went "fark it" and got off. Walked up the middle incline, then got back on and rode the 3rd. I rode all the way up the following year, so I think that makes it ok!

    Fessing up, Cav?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

    Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • jordan_217jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Not yet. But doing the Velo 29 White Horse next week, I expect I may pop my cherry if the White Horse climb is tougher than Sutton Bank and Carlton Bank.

    NB - No pissing contest here. I live in Northants and apart from the lumps in the Welland Valley and Rockhingham Hill there's nothing too difficult around here.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 16,014
    jordan_217 wrote:
    NB - No pissing contest here. I live in Northants and apart from the lumps in the Welland Valley and Rockhingham Hill there's nothing too difficult around here.

    Hey, come on! It's one of the few opportunities us Northerners have to make up for not having Rapha :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • jordan_217jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Rolf F wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:
    NB - No pissing contest here. I live in Northants and apart from the lumps in the Welland Valley and Rockhingham Hill there's nothing too difficult around here.

    Hey, come on! It's one of the few opportunities us Northerners have to make up for not having Rapha :lol:

    Northerner?! I'm from Boro, you Southerner :wink:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • I got off on Boxley Hill in Kent on my first club run, MTB with slicks with 60 miles on the clock, I just died. :|
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • bigmatbigmat Posts: 5,111
    Hardknott on the Fred (made it up Wrynose though), also Winnats - the headwind was so strong it was practically blowing me back down the hill, had to put a foot down to get out of the way of a car and couldn't get going again.
Sign In or Register to comment.