Do The Right Thing?

2»

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    blu3cat wrote:
    would no one honestly have just left the scene? Are you all that honest, honourable etc?

Time to realise that the rest of the world doesn't run to the beat of your drum, but uses its own to measure how out of step you are.

I haven't yet said what i did, yet it appears that some have already made an assumption.

Perhaps if you could supress the attention seeking small child that currently doing your typing and let us know what you did, it would make for a more constructive debate.

But if you did leg it then please explain how
    I am comfortable with my decision
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Stopping and giving your details is boring. Far more entertaining to give the details of the WVM who left-hooked you two weeks previously :-)

Seriously though, the only interesting part of this debate is guessing what point the OP is trying to make. I'm off to create another thread which might provoke a bit more dissent...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I can testify at least that the incident took place because I remember cycling over the glass!

Option 2 if you have any sort of conscience.

Option 1 is the equivalent of kicking a football through somebody's front window and then scarpering.
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    I gave my details and paid, i am just interested in seeing if anyone else would have done a runner.
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • blu3cat wrote:
    I gave my details and paid, i am just interested in seeing if anyone else would have done a runner.

Undoubtedly they would and I would not read too much into the poll results (although does anyone, anyway?).

There's a yawning chasm between what people say they will do and what they actually do. Social psychology experiments are incredibly revealing in this regard and have highlighted our capacity for self-deception/cognitive dissonance and other interesting phenomena such as the false consensus effect, social conformity etc, etc, etc
  • blu3cat wrote:

Mind if I ask how much?

Would you have taken the same action iff the bill had run into thousands or you were stony broke and struggling to pay for kids forthcoming school trip?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Earlier in the year I clipped a wing mirror on a builders' van and the plastic back came off. I stopped and offered to put it right. It was a bad mis-judgement and it was only the intervention of a (very well-timed) police patrol that stopped me from taking a kicking.

Would always stop, but be wary of angry builders :wink:
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    blu3cat wrote:

Mind if I ask how much?

Would you have taken the same action iff the bill had run into thousands or you were stony broke and struggling to pay for kids forthcoming school trip?

It was enough for me to not buy a set of RS80s I had my eye on.....

And as for the second one, assuming no-one was hurt... I like to think I would have still done the same.
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    vermin wrote:
    Of course you stop; even vermin stops.

I put a small scratch on a parked car not so long ago (was nudged into it by another car and caught the left shifter on its front wing). Had nothing at all on me with which to leave my details for the owner. Waves of guilt every time I think about it. I guess a small scratch only costs a few quid to patch, but its all about the give and take of respect, innit.

You do of course have the option of going to the police station and reporting to them what has happened so that the owner of the damaged vehicle can pursue his compensation. Not doing so is just as bad as riding off IMO.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • What a strange thread.

Hardly a dilemma is it? Poll: if you say an old lady drowning in a deep puddle, would you help? Um... yes?