Commuter racing with the pros

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited September 2012 in Pro race
Bit surprised to catch a guy with full SKY kit on at the lights yesterday on my daily commute. Thought he's got all the kit on and does look pro which is not usually the case! Then noticed the bike. So looked under the arm . It was Xabier Zandio. Which was odd

Comments

• Bit surprised to catch a guy with full SKY kit on at the lights yesterday on my daily commute. Thought he's got all the kit on and does look pro which is not usually the case! Then noticed the bike. So looked under the arm . It was Xabier Zandio. Which was odd

Where was this? Manchester?
  • Yes Didsbury. It wasnt you was it :)
  • Yes, I am actually a multi-GT pro :)

I just guessed because he crashed out of the Vuelta and Sky usually ship their injured riders to Manchester for the necessary consultation/ops/physio etc

I just guessed because he crashed out of the Vuelta and Sky usually ship their injured riders to Manchester for the necessary consultation/ops/physio etc

Looks like he's moving well now!! Where is the hospital. Do they use the private one in Whalley Range area?

Looks like he's moving well now!! Where is the hospital. Do they use the private one in Whalley Range area?

Dont know to be honest. When Michael Barry did his elbow early in the year, he tweeted from whatever hospital they use, praising the care he was getting.